Our 2020 Vibe Dance Showcase is T minus 7 weeks and counting! Showcase plans are well underway by our amazing Showcase Chairs and their teams. It’s going to be an amazing show!
Below is a recap of important Showcase-related dates for your calendar (these are listed in date order):
Show Order will be announced on Friday, January 3, 2020 (this is the order of dances for each show. This will include which show your dancer’s Solo, Duo, Trio, etc. will be performed in. All Group Dances are performed in both shows. Senior Solos are performed in both shows.)
Tickets go on sale:
- to Parents of Seniors on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at/around 8am (an email will be sent to you from the GMAIL account);
- to all other Vibe Members on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at/around 8am (an email will be sent to you from the GMAIL account);
- to the Public/non-Vibe Members, January 13, 2020 at/around 8am (will be posted on the Vibe website).
- as a reminder, Showcase is Vibe’s largest fundraiser. Each member/family is required to sell at least 10 tickets (the ticketing system allows the dancer name to be entered at the time of purchase for tracking purposes.)
Showcase Blocking Day Times: Sunday, February 2 (assume all afternoon, starting around 1pm until 7-8pm), and Friday, February 7 (assume 5pm – 9pm)
- A detailed schedule of Blocking Day activities will be provided closer to the event. These times listed in this communication are for your planning purposes and may be adjusted a bit once final schedule is determined by Cheryl and the Showcase Chairs.
Showcase Dress Rehearsal: Saturday, February 8 (start is 10:15am)
- All moms are expected/required to be backstage with your dancer at Showcase Dress Rehearsal. Dress Rehearsal is the first run-through of the dances on-stage in full costume, accessories, make-up, and hair. Moms will help their dancer get organized and be prepared to be “show-ready” during this time. If you are unable to be backstage with your dancer, please talk with Cheryl ASAP. You will need to find another mom to work with your dancer during Dress Rehearsal.
- Your Group Mom will suggest either ‘bring your own lunch” or will coordinate a lunch for your team. You will not have time to leave the venue for food between Dress Rehearsal and the Saturday Showcase.
Showcase Show Times: Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 4pm and Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 3pm
- Venue: Denmark High School (address is: 645 Mullinax Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004).
- Shows will each run 2.5 – 3 hours.
- A detailed schedule of Dress Rehearsal/Showcase Days will be provided closer to the event. These times are for your planning purposes and may be adjusted.
- A note to Bravo and Starlet moms...we are requesting that you work within your groups to have at least 1/2 of the moms for each group stay backstage at each show so that your dancers have adequate supervision before, during, and after the shows.
- The Volunteer Signup (Signup Genius) for Showcase that will be published after we return from winter break. ALL groups will have 2-3 moms that are considered “group moms” for each show. These group moms are volunteer positions where you are responsible for coordinating the dancers on your team at each show. You may signup for those positions on the Signup Genius when it is published.
- The Showcase Signup Genius will contain all volunteer positions needed for Showcase. As always, this is the one event where “all hands on deck” are required to make Showcase successful!