Below are Recital details for Vibe dancers, so please read the entire post! Our 2023 22nd Annual Recital Showcase is Sunday June 4 with shows at 2pm and 6pm at the Gas South Theater in Duluth. Dress Rehearsals will be on Saturday, June 3 at 2pm and 6pm.
Click here for Recital Show Order.
For 2pm Show:
- BRAVO, ENCORE, OVATION & PRODIGY dancers arrive at 1:15pm for setup of Dream Duffel, etc. for dances in the 2pm show.
- ENCORE dancers (for The Family) arrive at 3:00pm for last routine & finale in the 2pm show. Dancers should be in costume/stage ready, stretched and ready to dance. (Do not bring Dream Duffel with you.)
- ENCORE, OVATION & PRODIGY parents, please note that your dancer may stay at the venue in between shows IF she has adult supervision (if your group wants to bring in food/eat together at the venue). Dancers need to be show ready by 5:15pm sharp each day for the 6pm show.
- ALL dancers will be released to the front hallway of the venue (near the check-in area).
For 6pm Show:
- ELITE, ENCORE, & PREMIER dancers arrive at 5:15pm for setup of Dream Duffel, etc. for dances in the 6pm show.
- OVATION & PRODIGY dancers (for The Family) meet at Check-in area at 5:45pm. Your 6pm show backstage mom (Ryn & Kelly) will meet dancers at the check-in area and escort them backstage. Immediately following The Family/first routine in 6pm show, they will bring them back to check-in area to be released. Dancers should be in costume/stage ready, stretched and ready to dance. (Do not bring Dream Duffel or backpack with you.)
- As a reminder, parents of those dancers that are only dancing in The Family routine in the 6pm show will not be able to sit in the audience for the performance.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO REVIEW:
- BACKSTAGE MOMS: If you wish to be backstage during one or both shows, click here to signup to be a Backstage Helper on the FootNotes Signup Genius. Only moms listed on the FootNotes Signup Genius will be allowed to be backstage.
- HAIRSTYLE: Dancers should wear the competition hairstyle (middle part, low pony) for all competition routines. Note that all ballet pieces must have a low bun. Dancers will need to transition their hair from bun to low pony or low pony into a bun depending on where their ballet routine falls within the show order for both Dress Rehearsal on Saturday and Recital on Sunday. The bun must be a neat, tight bun. Hairnets are encouraged and helpful for quick, neat buns. Once the ballet piece is complete, dancers will transition their hair back to the low pony. Bravo, Ovation & Encore can keep hair in bun for Lyrical/Contemporary if it helps with timing between ballet routines. For the younger dancers, the backstage moms will handle this task for the dancers. For the older dancers, the backstage moms will ‘check’ the dancer’s bun to ensure it is neat and secure.
- REMINDER: ALL dancers must bring your hair supplies…a comb, hairnet, hairspray, and bobby pins to create the bun. A flat iron and brush may be needed to get your dancer’s pony straightened after the bun is taken down.
- MAKE-UP: Dancers DO NOT need to wear makeup for Dress Rehearsal on Saturday. For Recital on Sunday, dancers must wear full competition makeup including lashes and our competition lipstick color. There is no need to change the color of lipstick for ballet.
Lastly…Click here to access the Vibe Signup Genius for Recital volunteer opportunities for both parents & dancers including recital/trophy distribution, shout out sales, decorations and clean up. We have a few volunteer jobs that still need to be filled for Recital. Please consider helping out with these remaining tasks.
The Master Calendar has been updated with rehearsal dates and times for next week.
Wednesday, May 31
Thursday, June 1
- PRODIGY 3:45-6:00pm
- OVATION 4:30-6:30pm
- ENCORE 4:30-6:30pm
- PREMIER 6:45-9:15pm
- ELITE 5:30-8:00pm
Our 2023 22nd Annual Recital Showcase is Sunday, June 4 with shows at 2pm and 6pm at the Gas South Theater in Duluth. Dress Rehearsals will be on Saturday, June 3 at 2pm and 6pm.
To ensure a successful weekend, we are calling on all Vibe parents as well as Elite & Premier dancers to sign up for for volunteer positions available throughout the weekend. Please Click here to access the Vibe Signup Genius for Dress Rehearsal & Recital.
Several local business partners provided The Vibe with “In Kind” gift certificates that we are offering up for auction to our members. All proceeds will be used by The Vibe for dance company-related activities throughout the season! Each member will have the opportunity to place a bid for any or all of the items listed below. Bidding on all items will close at 5:00pm on Friday, May 26th.
Items Available for Auction :
- Woodhouse Spa (Dunwoody) – $150 value
- Country Club of the South green fees for 4 guests – $600 value
- CVS Giftcard – $25 value
- Zoo Atlanta admission for 4 guests – $112 value
- High Museum 6 month family membership – $62 value
- Drybar (Avalon) blowout service – $55 value
- Taziki’s Mediterranean Cafe (Alpharetta): 10 gyro giftcards – $60 value
- Jennings Mill Country Club: 4 rounds of golf – $400 value
- Marlow’s Tavern Giftcard – $100 value
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens admission for 4 guests – $88 value
- Loyal Q and Brew Giftcard – $25 value
- Aesthetic Specialty Centre: Diamond Glow Facial & 40 unites of botox – $1000 value
- Target Giftcard – $100 value
- Georgia Aquarium admission for 2 guests – $90 value
- Face Haven (Dunwoody): One Jet Clear Healing Facial Treatment – $100 value
**Silent Auction Bidding Process**:
- Click here to access the Vibe Showcase Silent Auction form.
- Place your bid on any of the items you choose (please note there is a minimum bid listed for each item).
- Submit the form.
- Click here to view the live google document to track the bidding status of the items you placed bids on. You can do this anytime between now until Friday, May 26th at 5:00pm when bidding closes.
- Click here to re-access the silent auction bidding form to increase your bid on any item at any time.
Once bidding has closed, we will reach out to the winners via email to coordinate pickup of the certificate or item at the Studio. Happy Bidding!
Bingo pizza party will be held May 23, time TBD. We will celebrate all Big and Little’s who have completed 8 out of 12 bingo activities. The activities need to be completed and chart updated no later than May 19th. If you have completed all 12 activities please give your name to Ms. Martha to be added to list for the Lululemon gift cards. First four names on the list will be awarded the gift cards.
In case your dancer has misplaced her Big/Little Sister Bingo card that was handed out at the Holiday party, you can click here to print off another copy.
Let the games begin!!!!
Our Vibe End of Year Banquet and Celebration of our Seniors is set for Tuesday, May 30 starting at 6:00pm until 8:00pm at Country Club of Roswell Ballroom.
Country Club of Roswell
2500 Club Springs Drive
Roswell, GA 30076
It will be a fun evening of dinner and celebrating an incredible year for our amazing dancers and our beloved Seniors! Because we had such a successful Showcase event this year, the Vibe will pay for both the dancer and one dancer’s guest meals.
Dancers are asked to wear a sundress and dancer’s guest should dress “country club casual.”
A BIG thank you to our EOY Celebration Chair, Deanna Brown, for planning the event! She will be reaching out to the EOY Celebration committee volunteers asking for assistance soon.
Click here to access the FootNotes Picture Week newsletter and schedule that was sent out.
Below are details about schedule, Hair and Make-up for Picture Week, along with specifics about securing your dancer’s spot for individual pictures.
- PRODIGY & ENCORE… Ballet pics are scheduled on Monday following rehearsal. You can either arrive to rehearsal in a bun or moms may come up to the studio after rehearsal to pull hair up into high bun for ballet photos. Bring hair accessories.
- BRAVO… Ballet pics are scheduled on Tuesday at 7:15pm following rehearsal from 4:30-6:00pm. Releve can squeeze ballet photos in sooner than 7:15pm if girls are ready earlier. Girls can either arrive to rehearsal with hair secured in a high bun or moms may come up to the studio at 6:00 after rehearsal to pull hair up into high bun for ballet photos. Bring hair accessories.
- ELITE & PREMIER… Ballet pics are scheduled on Wednesday following rehearsal, so bring hair accessories for changing your hairstyle into a high bun for photos.
- Hair and Make-up for Picture Week:
- Dancers need to be in Vibe competition hair and stage make-up (no lashes…but you do need mascara) for all group dances.
- For ballet, dancers should wear their hair in a high bun at the crown of their head (follow the natural upsweeping line of the cheekbone for correct alignment of the bun; it should be high but not on top of their head). There should be no part in the hair. If you have ballet pics same day as your group pics, your hairstyle will need to change between the photos so make sure you bring hair accessories.
At the Studio: Space in the studio will be limited during picture week. ALL GROUPS: If you have 1 or 2 pictures being taken on any given day, please do not bring your Dream Duffel. Just bring your dancer’s costume, shoes and accessories in a smaller bag. Please come “picture-ready” (make-up and hair completely done) and dressed in your first costume. Bring make-up and hair accessories for touch-ups. Plan to be flexible given the space constraints.
IMPORTANT: Releve links – Review/take action on these, NOW if you haven’t already!
Please visit this link for all RelevePHOTO info: click here
To make a Deposit for pictures (this also “schedules” with Releve that you want your dancer to have an individual picture taken): click here
This deposit is REQUIRED for Solo, Duos, and Trios, if you want your dancer photographed in her solo/duo/trio costume(s). Releve will not be able to accommodate ‘last minute’/same day sign-ups for solos/duos/trios. You must sign-up for an available “Comp Session” slot for FN. Click here for the link. There are slots for each day…an example of what you are looking for is: FN compSESSION I MON apr24 . Click on the link, and you will see the timeslots available. There are “compSESSIONs” available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
If you want your dancer photographed individually in a group dance costume, you should also make a deposit for that dance, so that Releve knows how many individual photos they will be taking for each group dance. It helps them with timing/planning. The Deposit you make ahead of time can be used for any pictures that you end up purchasing from Releve. Click here to access the Deposits link to find your group to select which dances you wish to have an individual pic taken.
The FINAL schedule for EnerGy National Talent Competition on April 28-30 can be found here. Please click here to be directed to the password protected EnerGy 2023 web page.
We will post a blog update with changes to the schedule and all details related to the weekend as they become available.
The Solo Duo Trio Sign Up genius will be available for signups at 7:00pm tonight. Please be stretched and ready to dance on time. The critiques will be emailed ahead of your scheduled time. Below is a list of the group rehearsal times for next week.
The Master Calendar has been updated with several dates and times. Please make sure you keep your dancer’s schedule updated, and remember ALL rehearsals are mandatory from here on out. There will be rehearsal every single weekend except for spring break. Please don’t assume there isn’t just because a schedule hasn’t been set. It is impossible to set schedules too far in advance because of added conflicts.
Monday, April 24
- 6:00pm-6:30pm I Need A Hero
- 6:30pm-7:00pm The Family
- 7:00pm-8:00pm Encore
Tuesday, April 25
- 4:30pm-6:00pm Bravo
- 6:00pm-7:00pm Ovation
- 7:00pm-8:00pm Prodigy
- 8:00pm-8:30pm The Weather Girls
Wednesday, April 26
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Premier
- 6:30pm-7:30pm Premier & Elite
- 7:30pm-8:00pm Premier
- 8:30pm-9:15pm Watch What I Got
Thursday, April 27
- 5:45pm-6:30pm Wicked Game
- 6:30pm-7:15pm You Ready?
- 7:15pm-8:15pm Elite
- 8:15pm-9:00pm Amen