The Solo, Duo, Trio Signup Genius has been updated with December and January dates for private rehearsals. Click here to access the Signup Genius. Make sure that you note on the Signup Genius whether you are signing up for your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio rehearsal. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio. Please remember the following:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- After a week of your first sign up, you may check again and sign up for one more open slot during the month.
- Please bring payment ($30 for 30 minute sessions with Cheryl or Shannon) at the start of each rehearsal. There is no option to have this charge added to your FootNotes account. All dancers must pay the instructor directly by either check, Venmo, or cash.
- If your dancer is unable to attend your booked rehearsal session, you must notify FootNotes at email@example.com, at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled time. If you ‘miss’/forget a rehearsal that you have signed up for, you are still responsible for the payment to the instructor.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.
We have some Master Calendar updates to share with you for January:
- Saturday, January 12 (Ricky Maalouf in the studio)
- ELITE Small Group Hip Hop Rehearsal w/ Ricky – 9:00am – 10:30am
- MEAN GIRLS (OVATION & PREMIER) Rehearsal w/ Ricky – 10:45am – 12:45pm
- ELITE Large Group Hip Hop Rehearsal w/ Ricky – 1:15pm – 3:15pm
- APPLAUSE, BRAVO, & OVATION Hair & Make-up Session – 1:15pm – 3:15pm (Mom and Daughter required)
- Beginner/Intermediate (APPLAUSE, BRAVO, OVATION) Hip Hop Master Class w/ Ricky – 3:30pm – 4:45pm
- Advanced (ELITE & PREMIER) Hip Hop Master Class w/ Ricky – 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 (Angela Kahle in the studio)
- Musical Theater Rehearsal w/ Angela – 10:00am – 12noon
- OVATION Rehearsal w/ Cheryl – 10:00am – 12noon
- ELITE Tap Rehearsal w/ Angela – 1:00pm – 3pm
- ELITE & PREMIER Hair & Make-up Session – 3:00pm – 5:00pm (Mom and Daughter required)
- Due to lack of interest in NUVO, no company members will be attending this optional convention this year. This means that Cheryl will use the weekend of January 25 as a Rehearsal weekend…the schedule for that weekend will be sent out as soon as it is available.
Our Big/Little Sister chairs, Linda Nowlin and Lori Murphy, have pulled together a listing of the Bigs and Littles for this season. It has been loaded to the website on the Members Information page. Click here to access.
The guide for purchasing this year’s shoe styles for your Vibe dancer is now available. Please click here to access the Shoe Buying Guide web page, listed by dance group. Note that this is a password protected page that is located under the Members Only section of the website. Please make sure that you select the correct dance group for your dancer. Your dancer’s shoes for this competition season should be in hand no later than Monday, January 7, 2019.
The Competition Tights Buying Guide will be published as soon as it is available.
We just received word from Johns Creek that the Founder’s Day Holiday Parade tomorrow has been CANCELED due to the forecasted weather. There is no re-schedule date at this time.
NUVO Dance Convention will be held on Saturday and Sunday, January 26 and 27. Click here to view details about the Atlanta convention. It is an optional dance convention that your dancer may attend. Because it is optional, we have setup a Registration Request form. In order to be registered for this convention by FootNotes, you MUST fill out the form below. Even if you do not wish to attend, please fill out the form for your dancer(s).
Details about the NUVO Dance Convention
Cost to attend the convention: Saturday is $175 per dancer, and both Saturday and Sunday are $260. You will note that these are early registration rates….Cheryl must have your intent to attend by Friday, December 7. Observer bands (for a parent if you wish to be in the room where the dancers are) are $55/per person for both days.
These fees are NOT included in your Vibe tuition as this is an optional dance convention…therefore, you will be charged this additional fee on your FootNotes account.
Registration Form & Deadline: Click here to fill out the NUVO Dance Convention Registration Request form. Cheryl must have this form filled out by Friday, December 7 end of day.
LOCATION: The Nuvo Dance Convention will be held at the Loews Atlanta Hotel, 1065 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309. Once we see which dancers wish to attend this convention, we will be in touch with those attendees about possible carpooling and observer band(s).
NOTES (from NUVO): If you attend only 1 day, you will not be eligible to audition for a scholarship at this convention.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.