We have more Calendar Updates to share with you. These may have been communicated via your Group Mom or Cheryl already, but we wanted to recap them in the web post as well. Please review the following updates to the Master Calendar. The updates have been recapped below:
- Saturday, September 30
- FLY Rehearsal (for Tower of Talent) – 2pm – 3pm
- Sunday, October 1
- Elizabeth H. Small Group: Choreography – 9am – 4pm
- Reminder: BRAVO Tap Choreography WILL also take place this weekend also. Exact day and time is still to be determined (will be communicated as soon as Cheryl hears from the choreographer).
- These are the only 3 ‘group’ rehearsals scheduled for the weekend of September 29. If you are not in one of these 3 group dances above, or you do not have a solo/duo/trio being choreographed that weekend, this is a free weekend. The placeholder calendar entry for “possible rehearsals” has been removed from the calendar for this weekend.
- Group Photo Dates have been set. Cheryl is lining up details with a new photographer. The date is Sunday, October 22 (exact times and venue to be determined). Our rain date, if it’s needed, is Saturday, November 11. You will note that Cheryl is aware that a few people may have a conflict, but there are conflicts with literally every weekend, given the number of dancers we have. These dates worked with the photographer so that is why these dates were selected.
Vibe Parents & Dancers,
The Vibe will be placing the ONE TIME PER YEAR order for backpacks and track jackets.
- The order deadline is Friday, September 29. Both of these items are mandatory for all members. This post has a lot of details that we need to make you aware of, so please read on…
- New members, please place your order for both the jacket and backpack using the link at the bottom of the web post.
- Returning members, please do an honest assessment of the condition of your backpack, as well as the condition and fit of your dancer’s jacket. Read on for more details. Please use the link below to place your order, for the items you wish to purchase this year.
- Order confirmations are emailed within 24 hours of you submitting your order. If you do not receive a confirmation, your order was not received.
ALL DANCERS need to click on the link at the bottom of this web post and complete this online order form (even if you are not ordering anything).
Jackets: This retro-style jacket will be white and black, and the back will have the FootNotes Dance logo (red, black and white). The jacket is available in Youth XS-L and Adult YS-6XL sizes (see size chart below). It is the parent’s responsibility to select the size they feel would work best for their dancer. Additionally, you will have the option of adding your dancer’s name on the jacket…see details in the online order form.
- If you already own last year’s White and Black jacket style (and it still fits and is in good shape), you are not required to purchase a new jacket for this 2017-2018 dance season.
- As always, the Vibe jacket is a mandatory item for all Vibe members. The dancers wear the jackets to both workshops and competitions to establish a more “uniform” appearance, as well as to/from dance practice in the cooler months. Dancers are also required to wear their jacket whenever onstage during award ceremonies.
To determine jacket size, focus on the bust and waist size for appropriate fit. Your Group Leader will be in touch with a day and time for dancers to bring in last year’s jackets for try-on for those interested in seeing fit of the jacket.
Backpacks: The same backpack will be used again this year. This bag is the perfect size to hold ALL of the dancer’s shoes. The dancers will use this bag for weekly classes, as well as workshops and competitions. The backpacks will have the FootNotes logo embroidered on the front flap, and your dancer’s name will be embroidered on the side pocket. Please check your dancer’s backpack to see if it is still in good shape or needs replacing. They are typically ready to be replaced after 2-3 years.
ALL DANCERS need to click on the link below and complete this online order form (even if you are not ordering anything…we need to hear from EVERYONE). Again, the deadline for submitting your order is Friday, September 29.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE ORDER FORM.
Congratulations to our 2016/2017 OVATION dance team for being selected to perform at Tower of Talent 2017!
The Tower of Talent event features some of “Atlanta’s most talented kids” in an inspirational concert benefitting Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta! Anna, Erin, Helen, Kami, Katie, Mackenzie, Sage, and Sofia will perform the group’s contemporary piece from last year, FLY. The show will contain an incredible line-up of entertainers. We hear that 10 year-old singing sensation, Angelica Hale (America’s Got Talent Finalist) will be singing, alongside other young performers from the Atlanta area.
FootNotes is honored to be a part of this incredible evening to benefit CHOA! Congratulations GIRLS! We can’t wait to see you FLY!
The event is scheduled for Sunday, October 15 at 4:30pm at Georgia Tech’s Ferst Center for the Arts. We know it’s a busy weekend, but if you would like to purchase tickets to Tower of Talent 2017, visit http://arts.gatech.edu/content/tower-talent
Or to make a donation to this Event/Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, please visit our fundraising page here http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp… All proceeds go straight to CHOA!
We have several Calendar Updates to share with you. Please remember to review the Master Calendar for the latest updates to the schedule. The updates are recapped below:
Saturday, September 23
- BRAVO Jazz with Andrea – 11am – 12noon
- BRAVO Lyrical with Cheryl – 12noon – 1pm
- OVATION Lyrical with Andrea – 12noon – 1:15pm
- BRAVO & OVATION Hip Hop – 1:15pm – 2:15pm
- PREMIER Lyrical with Andrea – 1:15pm – 3:30pm
- FLY Rehearsal w/Cheryl (for Tower of Talent) – 3:30pm – 4:30pm
Sunday, September 24
- ELITE Small Group Hip Hop – 4pm – 5pm
- ELITE Jon Carr Small Group – 5pm – 6pm
Production Lock-In: Date Updates
We are excited to announce that Jon Carr is teaming with Cheryl and Brian M. to put together an amazing Production routine for our groups this year! Cheryl has changed the schedule of Lock-in to better accommodate scheduling of this choreography. The Production Lock-in is now scheduled for Friday night, October 13, starting at 5pm. The dancers will be taught the production choreography that night and will stay overnight at the studio. Pickup will be at 7am on Saturday morning, October 14.
And, to allow for any choreography that does not get finished on Friday night, there may be a need for a Saturday night (October 14) session as well. Therefore, please leave 4pm-9pm on that Saturday night open. You will hear on Saturday early AM (at pickup), if your dancer’s group needs to attend a Saturday night session.
Further details will be sent out closer to the event regarding how you can help make the Lock-In a success! We may be requesting help with dinner, snacks, and possibly chaperoning.
MORE choreography videos and music (via dropbox) are now available to help the dancers review and rehearse at home! Click here for access to the VPC videos and music. Some of these files are large in size. We recommend you download the videos to your phone using a wifi internet connection so that your data plan is not used up.
Reminder: These files are property of The Vibe and FootNotes Dance & Acrobatics. They are password protected and only intended for the use of current Vibe members.
If you have any issue with playing or downloading these files on your device, please email us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have also uploaded the Nationals Hotel information (same document that the group moms provided you) to the Members Only section of the website. Click here for easy access to the Nationals Hotel information. Regional competition hotel information will be coming soon.
Thanks for all that came to the Parent Kick-off Meeting last night! Below is a recap of the dates that Cheryl shared at the meeting. And, we have A CHANGE…See below. Please review the following updates to the Master Calendar.
- Production Choreography and Lock-in dates HAVE BEEN CHANGED. It will be October 14 and 15 (times to be determined – at Studio). One of the choreographers (Jon C) has a conflict that could not be changed on October 21, so Production Choreography has to be moved to his other available dates.
- P7 In-house Workshop: November 4 (at the studio, already communicated)
- Showcase Dates: February 17-18 (North Springs Charter High School)
- Click here for a complete listing of our Dance Conventions and Competitions. Note this page is password protected.
For summer 2018 planning, Cheryl wanted to communicate what weeks will NOT have a required dance activity planned. They are:
- Week of May 28 (this is Memorial Day week, starting Saturday, May 26 through Friday, June 1) Note that Recital is June 2 and 3.
- Week of June 4 – 10
- Week of July 9 – 15
- Week of July 16 – 22
For future planning, we know Choreography Week for the 2018/2019 season will be the week of July 23, 2018.
Vibe Parents: The Medical Release Form has been uploaded to the website. Even if your dancer is a returning member, you must fill out a Medical Release Form each year. Click here to access the Medical Release Form. This document is in the password protected section of our website. Please print out and have this form completed and ready to turn in at the Parent Kickoff Meeting. We will also have hard copies of the form available for you to fill out at the Parent Meeting if you don’t have a chance to print it off/fill it out ahead of time (just remember to bring your insurance card so that you can complete the form).
4 other reminders about the mandatory All Parent “Kickoff of the Season” meeting (this Thursday, August 31 at 7pm at the Studio):
- Note that this is a parent only meeting (dancers should not attend). Only 1 parent needs to attend.
- Please feel free to bring a small folding chair to sit in.
- Bring your phone and/or calendar/notebook as Cheryl will have dates and other information to share with you.
- Your Vibe Parent and Dancer Contract Agreement to FootNotes for this 2017-18 dance year is due. If you haven’t already turned it in, please make sure that this is completed and turned into the front desk at the studio by this Thursday, August 31 as well.
We are all looking forward to a great kickoff to our dance season! See you on Thursday!