SAVE THE DATE! Group Photo dates have been set, including a rain date in case of inclement weather!
- Group Photos are slated for Saturday, November 9. This is a mandatory event. Please plan to block off the entire afternoon for planning purposes. Pictures will be taken at a location in the Atlanta area (still to be determined), Each dance group will have photos taken (as a group), as well as an “all company” photo. Exact times for each group and location/parking information will be announced closer to the event. Details on what to wear, how to style hair, and make-up will be sent out in a few weeks.
- The “Rain Date” for Group Photos will be Saturday, November 16, in the afternoon as well. Please mark your calendars with this date, should we need it.
- The Master Calendar has been updated with placeholder events for these 2 dates.
Cheryl has created the Solo, Duo, Trio Signup Genius for this season. September dates for private rehearsals are now available. Click here to access the Signup Genius. Make sure that you note on the Signup Genius whether you are signing up for your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio rehearsal. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio.
You may only sign up for one slot each time new dates are posted. After a week, you may check again and sign up for one more open slot.
Dancers, please remember the following:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- Please bring payment ($30 for a 30 minute session with Cheryl) at the start of each rehearsal. There is no option to have this charge added to your FootNotes account. All dancers must pay the instructor directly by either check, Venmo, or cash.
- If your dancer is unable to attend your booked rehearsal session, you must notify FootNotes at email@example.com, at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled time. If you ‘miss’/forget a rehearsal that you have signed up for, you are still responsible for the payment to the instructor.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.
This Signup Genius link has been added to the Team To Do List for easy access throughout the season.
We have more Master Calendar updates to share with you for September rehearsals. The Master Calendar has been updated with the following:
Saturday, September 21
- OVATION Hip Hop Rehearsal: 10:00am – 11:00am
Sunday, September 22
- ELITE Hip Hop Small Group Rehearsal: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- ELITE Heels Rehearsal: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
- ELITE & PREMIER Musical Theater Rehearsal: 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Saturday, September 28
- PREMIER Hip Hop Rehearsal: 10:00am – 11:00am
Sunday, September 29
- ELITE Jon Carr Small Group Rehearsal: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- ELITE Cherrise Small Group Rehearsal: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Note also that Solo/Duo/Trio private slots will be sent out soon.
As noted on yesterday’s webpost, the Big/Little Sister Reveal is scheduled for 1:00pm – 3:00pm on Saturday, September 7 at the Studio. Our Big/Little Sister Chairs, Melanie Pursell and Angela Coppola, have planned a fun afternoon for our dancers. Thank you, ladies, for planning the event!
- Click here to access the Signup Genius if you would like to contribute food to the event. Please bring your food item to the studio by 12:45pm.
- Lunch will be served at 1pm.
- The Big/Little Sister Reveal activities will begin as soon as lunch is done.
- Mom and/or Dad of the dancers are encouraged to hang around to watch the fun! Or, you can drop off your dancer for the event.
- Your dancer may wear anything that is comfortable (dancewear is not required for this event).
We have more Master Calendar updates to share with you for the weekend of September 7. The Master Calendar has been updated with the following:
Saturday, September 7
- PREMIER & ELITE Musical Theater Choreography (Optional dance): 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Big/Little Sister Reveal: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Will include lunch for the dancers (Signup Genius for lunch food will be sent out soon)
- Moms or Dads of dancers are welcome to stick around for the fun!
- ELITE Heels/Jazz Choreography (Optional dance): 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Sunday, September 8
- ELITE Heels/Jazz Choreography: 10:00am – 12:00pm
- ELITE Lunch Break – 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- PREMIER & ELITE Musical Theater Choreography: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
We have just learned that the Holiday Inn Express (the only one on the list) has not activated our group code on their system to accept the rate that was quoted. We have had a couple of parents try to call the hotel and use the group code, and they were told the group code is not active in their system yet. Lori has just called the hotel, and they acknowledged our block of rooms, but confirmed they do not see the group code active on their system. They told her the system issue should be resolved by tomorrow afternoon. Therefore, we suggest holding off contact with this hotel until tomorrow afternoon.
Cheryl has finalized our remaining regional competitions for this season!! Please click here to be directed to the 2019-2020 Regional Dance competitions webpage.
Our Hotel Logistics team of Lori Murphy and Trisha Urrea have been busy on the phones to secure hotels for the other competitions…thank you again, ladies, for all of your hard work!
Please click here to be directed to the Competition Hotel webpage. Please read the Hotels PDF document carefully. There is a lot of information being communicated about each option listed in the Hotels document. Make sure you review each hotel’s cancellation policy as you are booking the reservation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you can not secure the rate that is listed for a hotel, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, (include which hotel and rate), and we will get that information to our Hotel Logistics committee for review with the hotel. They will let you know if they are able to secure additional rooms at the special rate. Note that we are not able to secure a block of 70+ rooms at these rates at each hotel…hotels will not allow us to do that. We have smaller blocks of rooms secured at each hotel, with the option of them allowing us to open up more accommodations should we book to their maximum allowed for the block (assuming rooms are still available at that rate).