Thank you to those members that have already signed up for multiple positions on our Showcase 2021 Signup Genius! Several key/”must fill” positions are still open and need volunteers. Our Showcase Chairs must supply the volunteer list to Roswell Cultural Arts Center for review and approval by mid-next week per the CDC/Covid guidelines. We need your help to get these open positions filled. Please click here to access the Vibe 2021 Dance Showcase Signup Genius. Please have your signup(s) completed no later than next Tuesday, January 26 at noon.
Reminders from the initial post about the Signup Genius:
- Please note that many of these volunteer roles only require 30 minutes of your time, so you may sign up for multiple volunteer positions across the 3 shows.
- Please be conscious of any time conflicts when signing up for multiple roles. If you have any questions on volunteer positions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHOWCASE ZOOM MEETINGS
Showcase is right around the corner! This year’s event will look and feel different than past Showcase’s. As we have said, there will be no concessions, no decorations, no intermission, COVID-19 protocols, and only registered (signup via signup genius) volunteers allowed in the building. However, there will be a stage, bright lights, music, amazing dances and the show will go on!
Our awesome Showcase Chairs, Amy Smith and Elisa Bobbitt, will hold 3 Zoom meetings (each meeting will have the same content) to review important details about Showcase, including drop-off and pick-up instructions, COVID protocols, etc. Zoom Invitations will be sent via email in the next few days. Please save one of these dates on your calendar now! This is a mandatory meeting for 1 parent of each dancer to attend (dancers DO NOT need to attend). If you can not attend at either of these times listed below, please reach out to Amy Smith at email@example.com or Elisa Bobbitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, February 1 at 4:30-5pm
- Thursday, February 4 at 5:30-6pm
- Thursday, February 4 at 7:00-7:30pm
- These have been added to Master Calendar as a reminder. Again, you may attend either meeting. It will be the same info!
A few important reminders about Showcase this year:
- In past years, it was mandatory for every Dance Mom to attend Dress Rehearsal. This year, only registered volunteers assisting with backstage duties and Lead Moms for each group are allowed backstage during Dress Rehearsal. Lead Moms for February 13, will assist during Dress Rehearsal and Show 1. If you are registered for other volunteer positions throughout the weekend, please note your arrival times on the Sign-up Genius (link above).
- You will not be allowed in the building until your assigned arrival/volunteer time, and you will proceed to the volunteer check-in table. Once your volunteer obligation is fulfilled, you will exit the building.
- There are staggered Group Arrival Times on both days of Showcase. Please arrive promptly at your group’s assigned time on February 13 and 14. These times have been added to the Master Calendar.
- Saturday, February 13 Dancer Arrival Times
- 10:45 AM – Elite & Premier
- 11:00 AM – Encore & Prodigy
- 11:15 AM – Bravo & Ovation
- Sunday, February 14 Dancer Arrival Times
- 10:30 AM – Elite & Premier
- 10:45 AM – Encore & Prodigy
- 11:00 AM – Bravo & Ovation
- Saturday’s Dress Rehearsal and Sunday Show 2 will start promptly at NOON.
- Dancers must arrive BOTH DAYS in full costume for their first dance (click here to access the 2021 Vibe Showcase Show Order) with competition hair and make-up completed.
We appreciate your cooperation and support to maintain a fun, yet safe environment for our dancer, volunteers, and guests at Showcase!
We have pulled together a web page dedicated to our business and family sponsors for this dance season. Click here to access the web page. A link to each sponsor’s website is included on the web page. We are so grateful for all of these businesses support this year! Please patronize these businesses whenever possible, and thank them for their support of our dance team!
AND, we want to thank our AMAZING Business Partner Chair and Committee for their hard work this year in gaining the support of this sponsor list! You ladies ROCKED IT! Thank you to Gloria Mattei-Pacheco as Business Partner Chair, along with Denise Deitchman, Heather Biscan, Rebecca Knezevich, Jeanine Blanco, Mandy Personette, Kerry Higgins, and Nikiis Doherty.
The Vibe’s Showcase Committee has a long list of volunteer positions to be filled for the 2 days of our 3 shows. Please click here to access the list of all volunteer positions for our Vibe 2021 Dance Showcase.
A couple of reminders about the Signup Genius: Every Vibe family is obligated to volunteer at least one position during Showcase. We have MANY positions to fill in order to ensure Showcase goes off “without a hitch!” This is the best time of the year to earn your hours towards the 12 hours required from each dancer family (20 hours for families with two dancers).
Following CDC Guidelines, the Roswell Cultural Arts Center requires that we follow a rigorous check-in and capacity monitoring process. Please note that many of these volunteer roles only require 30 minutes of your time (as noted in the Signup Genius description of the position), so you will likely want to sign up for multiple volunteer positions across the 3 shows.
Please be aware of any time conflicts when signing up for multiple roles. For instance, you can not be a Lead Group Mom and Theatre Entrance Monitor for the same show as you would be needed in both roles at the same time. However, you could easily be a Lead Group Mom for the Saturday show and Theatre Entrance Monitor for a Sunday show, as an example. If you have any questions on volunteer positions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Our official Showcase 2021 web page is now live!
Two Days and THREE AMAZING shows!
Show Dates: Saturday, February 13 at 6pm and 2 Shows on Sunday, February 14 at 12noon and 5pm
Venue: Roswell Cultural Arts Center
For further information about Dance Showcase 2021, click here to access the web page.
A HUGE Thank you to one of our Vibe Moms, Maya Frank, for putting together our beautiful Showcase 2021 program and its cover image (debuted above and on the web page link)! We LOVE it, Maya!
We also love our three amazing Senior dancers that are featured on this awesome Showcase 2021 program cover!
Vibe Group Photos are now available for your viewing and downloading for printing and social media. Click here to access the Group Photo web page (you can also access this page from the Members Only pull-down menu on the web site). As a reminder, this is a password protected web page.
When you post any of these pictures to social media, please post and tag with the following: @allurephotoproject @footnotesdance #allurephotoproject #footnotesdance #vpcdancers
If you have any questions or an issue with downloading the pics, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have published details on Showcase 2021 Dancer Gifts and Shout-Outs. Click here for details on how to purchase.
Reminder also to read the email sent yesterday about “Vibe Showcase 2021 Tickets Update.” Remaining available seats for the sold out shows will go on sale at 9am tomorrow (Monday, January 18).
This is just a reminder that Hair and Make-up Day is tomorrow, Saturday, January 16 at 10am (until 12noon) at the Studio. This session is for NEW (FIRST YEAR) VIBE MEMBERS ONLY. Mom and daughter must attend. As mentioned in an earlier post, we are using the same hairstyle as last season, so RETURNING MEMBERS SHOULD NOT attend. To stay within COVID protocols, we must only have New Members attend.
Details for New Members: Cheryl will show you (mom) & your dancer how to style your dancer’s hair for competition, along with how to apply the make-up. You will need to bring all of your hair and make-up supplies to complete the hair and make-up look on your dancer tomorrow. Below are reminders on what to bring:
- Please bring ALL the hair and make-up items listed in the Items Needed for Competition document on the Member Information page.
- The YOFI make-up (blush, eyeshadow, lipstick) that was ordered in December will be distributed to you at the session.
- It will be really helpful to have a blanket to spread out your supplies and a stool or two for you and your dancer.
- Your dancer should arrive with her hair fully straightened. There are not enough plugs in the studio for everyone to plug in a flat iron.
- Please be all set-up with your supplies/blanket/stool and ready to start at 10am.
Returning Members: If you purchased some of the Yofi make-up, it will be distributed to your dancer on Saturday when she is at Rehearsal.
Any questions? If so, please reach out to your Group Mom.
The emails for Vibe Ticket Sales have been sent out from the GMAIL account. If you did not receive an email, please email us at email@example.com. Grab your tickets soon!
ALL GROUPS: February 5, 6, and 7 will be Rehearsal dates/exact days and times for each group TBD. Cheryl does not have details yet on timing since she needs to see where each group’s dances are, but it is very likely that every group will be rehearsing that weekend. Please hold/reserve the weekend of February 5 through 7 for possible rehearsals. We will communicate a detailed schedule as soon as it is finalized.
Cheryl also wanted to communicate the following dates are ‘open’ which represents when she is confident no dancer activities will be planned in the Summer:
- week of June 7 through 13 (week after recital)
- weeks of July 5 and July 12
We will communicate other weeks that are available/open as soon as they are known.