Are you wondering about summer planning? Cheryl has confirmed the following weeks are definitely “free” weeks (no dance activities will be scheduled) for Summer 2019:
- Week of June 3
- Week of June 10
- Week of July 1
- Week of July 8
Dates for Raise the Barre and Choreography Week have not been finalized. We will communicate those dates as soon as they are available.
REMINDER: If you have not submitted your answers to the Volunteer Questionnaire Form, please click here to access the “Volunteer Now!” blog post. Your response is due today, September 25, end of day.
Important Dates have been set! They are:
- The 2019 Vibe Dance Showcase dates have been set, and the venue has been secured! Thank you to our awesome Showcase Chairs (Lori Murphy and Linda Nowlin) for getting the venue secured! We will host our Dance Showcase at the Paul Duke STEM High School Auditorium located at 5850 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Norcross, GA). Please save these dates below on your calendar now. Plan on keeping the entire day/into the night open/available. Detailed schedules will be sent out closer to the event.
- Blocking Day – Saturday, February 2, 2019
- Full Dress Rehearsal & Dance Showcase 1 – Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Dance Showcase 2, Sunday, February 10, 2019
- Our Vibe Holiday Party will be on Sunday, December 9 starting at 11:30am – 1:30pm. It will be held this year at the The Falls at Autry Mill Clubhouse.
The Master Calendar has been updated with these dates.
ELITE: See changes below for this weekend’s choreography schedule with Jon Carr. Please note that the Large Group choreography will be completed with 2 sessions on Saturday. The Small Group choreography will be completed with 2 sessions on Sunday. The Master Calendar has been updated.
- Saturday, September 22
- ELITE Jon Carr Large Group Contemporary – 10:00am – 12:00noon
- ELITE Jon Carr Large Group Contemporary – 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Sunday, September 23
- ELITE Jon Carr Small Group Contemporary – 10:00am – 12:00noon
- ELITE Jon Carr Small Group Contemporary – 1:00pm – 4:00pm
The Atlanta hotel information for our 2 local regional competitions is now available. Click here to be directed to the Competition Hotel webpage.
As always, if you have an issue with booking any of these hotels, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Hotel Logistics team will research the issue and will be in touch with you.
The Vibe Volunteer Information Questionnaire Form link is below. This form asks a series of questions to provide the opportunity for you to identify your skills and interests to pare you to the right volunteer positions.
Please click here to start the questionnaire (your response is due by Tuesday, September 25 end of day). It has several sections:
- Basic info about you and/or your husband
- Skills and Interests
- A list of the open key roles in the Vibe, with several options for each
- Ranking: You will then be asked to rank the positions you selected from most to least interest levels. If you are also including information for your spouse, please indicate that in the ranking list.
Note that if you hit the back arrow to return to a previous page, you will lose all data and need the form to start over. There is a Questions and Comments section on the last page to add any info you might have left off earlier in the form.
Once we have the responses from the Volunteer Information Form, the Board will review the responses and placements will be compiled in the coming weeks.
Thanks for your attention to getting this form filled out by Tuesday, September 25 end of day and for all you do to make us VIBE-STRONG! The form is also accessible on the Team To Do List web page for your convenience.
A separate Signup Genius for the “day of” Dance Showcase volunteer positions will be sent out in January. You will note that all of those volunteer roles are not listed in this Volunteer Information Form.
Dream Duffels & accessories (hangers, garment bags, and stools) have arrived!
If you purchased any of these items, they are ready for pick-up at the studio tomorrow (Tuesday), September 18 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. You will receive an invoice tomorrow morning via email for the items you purchased. Additionally, you may pick-up your items on Thursday, September 20 from 5:00pm – 6:30pm. Payment is needed at pick-up (check made out to “Vibe”, please.)
If you asked for your items to be delivered to your dancer, we will do that, but we need the payment sent in tomorrow or Thursday with your dancer.
If these pick-up times do not work for your schedule, please email us at email@example.com.
As mentioned in the previous Book It Now! blog post, our Logistics team was not able to secure 60+ rooms at each hotel. Hotels will not allow a group to secure a large block of rooms without a commitment to a number of rooms and the number of days of stay (and a credit card to pay for them). Our Logistics team was given a “courtesy block” with the option of extending the block if we book up what was provided to us. This is also why there are multiple hotels available to choose from…we booked enough hotels to accommodate for 60 dancer families. Please continue to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org if you can not obtain one of the FootNotes rates listed. We will forward your inquiry to our Logistics committee, and they will determine if the block can be extended.
Second, the Competition Hotel webpage has been updated with the latest room rates available. Specifically:
- the block for the Hampton Inn & Suites in Chattanooga has been fully booked. They can not offer that same rate and room type, but they did provide Lori with an alternative (which is now listed in the document).
- parking information for Elyton was also updated.
Please click here to be directed to the Competition Hotel webpage. All changes to the PDF document are highlighted with a color. We will continue to update this document as changes to the room blocks occur.
NOTE: If you have 2 rooms booked at different hotels under the FootNotes blocks, please cancel one of the hotels so that you are not taking up 2 rooms in the FootNotes block. We do not have ‘extra’ rooms blocked, given the size of our group this season.