Each year at our Holiday Party, we ask our dancers to “pay it forward” to a local non-profit charity…a little way of recognizing how fortunate we all are at this time of year. Malaika Hewitt & Susie Koagel, our Community Service chairs, have been working with the Atlanta Breast Care Center at Northside Hospital as our holiday philanthropy this year. We wanted to give back to a worthy cause, as well as honor Helen with our donation. As an aspiring oncologist, Breast Cancer research and awareness was near and dear to Helen’s heart and an area where she dedicated her time and service outside of school/dance.
During the VIBE holiday party this year, the girls will be putting together thoughtful “care kits” for patients undergoing chemotherapy at the Infusion Center at Northside Hospital.
Big & Little Sisters will work on assembling their “care kit” together. Items have been divided into 2 separate groups (Big Sister & Little Sister) so as to not duplicate some of the items:
BIG SISTERS should bring 5 items from the list provided below to the holiday party, PLUS $3 for the cost of a pillowcase (this is one of the items the hospital requested that has been purchased so that all care kits have the same pink pillowcase).
- Lip balm
- Cozy hat
- Lemon Heads (or any lemon flavored candy)
- Word Search or Sudoku activity book
- Uber Eats giftcard
LITTLE SISTERS should bring 5 items from the list provided below to the holiday party, PLUS $3 for the cost of a pillowcase (this is one of the items the hospital requested that has been purchased so that all care kits have the same pink pillowcase).
- Fuzzy socks
- Ginger candy
- Word Search or Sudoku activity book
In addition to the items for our service project, please remember to bring a $15 wrapped gift for a Gift Exchange Game that will be played at the holiday party. You do not need to purchase a second gift for your Big or Little Sister.
Lastly, as a reminder, if you have not already RSVP’ed to the Holiday Party, please do so by clicking here. We need everyone’s RSVP by Sunday, December 5 end of day.
Our Hotel Logistics team (Trisha Urrea and Dayna Thomson) has been busy securing hotel options for our out of town regional competitions…thank you, ladies, for all of your hard work!
Please click here to be directed to the Competition Hotel webpage. Please read the Regional Competition Hotels PDF document carefully. There is a lot of information being communicated about each option listed in this document. Make sure you review each hotel’s cancellation policy as you are booking the reservation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We were not able to secure group rates for all hotel options. If a special group rate is listed as a booking option and you can not secure the rate for a hotel, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, (include which hotel and rate), and we will get that information to our Hotel Logistics committee for review with the hotel. They will let you know if they are able to secure additional rooms at the special rate. Note that we are not able to secure a block of 65+ rooms at these rates at each hotel…hotels will not allow us to do that. We have smaller blocks of rooms secured at each hotel, with the option of them allowing us to open up more accommodations should we book to their maximum allowed for the block (assuming rooms are still available at that rate).
Please click here to access the RSVP form for our annual Vibe Holiday “Winter Wonderland” Party which will be held on Sunday, December 12 at 11:00am at The Falls at Autry Mill clubhouse (address is: 9825 Autry Falls Dr, Alpharetta, GA 30022).
To Do’s for the Holiday Party:
- Please RSVP for dancer and 1 parent (if a parent is attending).
- Dress is festive Winter Wonderland attire! Think cozy sweaters, fuzzy scarves & hats, mittens in white, silver, gray, etc.
- Please bring a $15 wrapped gift for a Gift Exchange Game that will be played with all of the Vibe dancers together. Everyone will go home with a gift from another Vibe dancer. You do not need to purchase a second gift for your Big or Little Sister.
- More information on the philanthropy we will be working with and the donation opportunity will be sent out in another web post.
We are looking forward to having the whole group together for a wonderful holiday celebration! A BIG thank you to our Holiday Party Chair, Nikiis Doherty and committee for planning our party!
Cheryl has updated the Solo, Duo, Trio Signup Genius with new dates. Click here to access the Signup Genius.
Make sure that you note on the Signup Genius whether you are signing up for your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio rehearsal. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio.
You may only sign up for one slot each time new dates are posted. After a week, you may check again and sign up for one more open slot.
Dancers, please remember the following:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- Please bring payment ($35 for a 30 minute session with Cheryl or Madison) at the start of each rehearsal. There is no option to have this charge added to your FootNotes account. All dancers must pay the instructor directly by either check, Venmo, or cash.
- If your dancer is unable to attend your booked rehearsal session, you must notify FootNotes at email@example.com, at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled time. If you ‘miss’/forget a rehearsal that you have signed up for, you are still responsible for the payment to the instructor.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.
The Master Calendar has been updated with December dates and times. Please make sure you keep your dancer’s schedule updated.
Sunday, December 5
- 11am – 12noon ENCORE rehearsal
- 11:30am – 1pm “Be Italian” (ELITE)
- 12noon – 1pm “We Work” (PREMIER Small Group)
- 1pm – 2pm “River Deep” (ELITE & PREMIER)
- 2pm – 3pm ELITE and PREMIER Production
- 3pm – 4pm “Black Mirror” (ELITE)
- 3pm – 4pm “Girl in the War” (PREMIER Small Group)
Friday, December 10 (Ricky hip hop choreography)
- 4pm – 6:30pm ELITE
- 6:30pm – 9:00pm OVATION & PREMIER
Saturday December 11 (Ricky hip hop choreography – first 2 bullets)
- 9:30am – 2:30pm OVATION & PREMIER
- 3pm – 8pm ELITE
- 10am – 12noon BRAVO Hip Hop & Lyrical rehearsal
Sunday, December 12
- 2pm – 4pm “Skin & Bones” (ELITE Small Group)
- 2pm – 3pm OVATION Production
- 3pm – 4pm “Crush” (OVATION Small Group)
- 4pm – 5pm “Brazil” (ELITE Small Group)
- 5pm – 6pm “Forgiveness” (ELITE Small Group)
The Master Calendar has been updated with exact timing for Small Group rehearsals on Sunday, November 14. Please make sure you keep your dancer’s schedule updated.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14
- ELITE Small Group “Skin and Bones”: 10am – 12noon
- ELITE Small Group “Forgiveness”: 12noon – 1pm
We know the weather may not fully cooperate with us today, so please be prepared for rain/chilly temps and bring umbrellas and towels and a jacket that can be slipped off, if it does rain during your group’s timeslot with the photographer. If your dancer has rainboots, have her wear those as well, or any shoe where it can be easily taken off and on. Click here to view the Group Photo webpage for details.
The Master Calendar has been updated with exact timing for choreography for Elite and Premier for the weekend of November 5. Please make sure you keep your dancer’s schedule updated. All choreography for your group’s required pieces is mandatory.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5
- ELITE Large Group Jazz w/ Andrew: 4pm – 9pm (come as soon as you can get to the studio from school)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6
- PREMIER Large Group Contemporary w/ Andrew: 9:30am – 2:30pm
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7
- ELITE Small Group w/ Andrew: 11am – 4pm