As you know, Ricky Maalouf (our hip hop choreographer) will be at FootNotes on Sunday, January 7. His schedule will be as follows (click here to view the Master Calendar):
- ELITE (Small Group) Rehearsal – 8:00am – 10:00am
- Beg/Int Master Class (for BRAVO and OVATION groups) – 10:30am – 11:45am
- Adv Master Class (for ELITE and PREMIER groups) – 12:15pm – 1:30pm
- BRAVO & OVATION Rehearsal – 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- ELITE & PREMIER Rehearsal – 4:00pm – 6:00pm
As a reminder, these are mandatory rehearsals and classes. You will note that the Master Classes will be offered/open to non-Vibe dancers. As always, please make sure that we welcome all dancers into our studio for this amazing day of hip hop.
Our 2017 Vibe Holiday Party is Saturday, December 16 from 11am-1pm. Here’s all the info!
Please click HERE to RSVP and sign up for a potluck item, set-up/clean-up help, and/or fleece for the blankets (explained below).
Each year the Vibe Board selects an organization to assist during the holidays. This year, we have chosen to support Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities. The mission of ARMHC is to nurture the health and well-being of children and families by keeping families close when children are receiving life-saving care. Please consider bringing an (unwrapped) item from the list below to support this charity.
- Bravo – Board games, stuffed animals, toys
- Ovation – Pajamas, robes, slippers
- Premier – Grooming items, shampoo, razors, makeup, nail polish, lotions
- Elite – Hats, scarves and gift cards
The dancers will be making tie blankets to include with our donations to ARMHC. If you would like to bring some pre-cut fleece for this project, please indicate that on the Signup Genius and additional (easy!) instructions will be forwarded to you.
All dancers will receive a blank ornament in class this week. Instructions will be included with suggestions on how to decorate these ornaments. At the party, the dancers will exchange ornaments with their Big/Little Sisters. This is in lieu of a holiday Big/Little gift.
We will also be recognizing our Vibe teachers during the party.
Please bring one wrapped gift, under $10 value, for a fun game with all dancers. This should NOT be a gag gift and should be appropriate for ages 6-18.
Please send any questions to email@example.com.
We have some January and February Master Calendar updates to share with you. Please review the following updates to the Master Calendar.
Competition Hair and Makeup “boot camp” has been set! This is for Dancer and Mom and is a mandatory event for both. For our new members, this is where you and your dancer will learn our official competition hairstyle for this competition season. You will also be shown how competition makeup is to be applied so that our dancers have a ‘uniform’ look.
- The date is set for Saturday, January 13 with 2 sessions, one at 10am and another at 1pm.
- BRAVO and OVATION will attend the 10am session.
- ELITE and PREMIER will attend the 1pm session.
Please click here to access the Vibe Competition Make-up Order Form. We need an answer on this form from ALL dancers, even if you are not ordering any product this year. Please have your dancer’s order form filled out by Thursday, December 7 end of day.
Also, for planning purposes, some group rehearsals will be scheduled for the weekends of January 12-14 and January 19-21. Details and times will be sent out as soon as they are finalized.
Please remember that the Nuvo Dance Workshop is the weekend of January 26. This is a mandatory workshop.
Additionally, Cheryl is planning a dress rehearsal in the studio the first weekend in February (weekend of February 2). Details will follow as soon as they are known. Also, there will be group rehearsals the weekend of February 9, and details will be provided as soon as they are available.
Tights information by group has been added to the Shoe & Tights Buying Guide web page. Click here to access the page. Remember to choose your dancer’s group. And if you are purchasing online, please make sure that you choose the correct color of tights noted on the list.
The Master Class & Rehearsal with Ricky Maalouf has been confirmed for Sunday, January 7, 2018. This is a mandatory workshop and rehearsal, and the cost is $40 per dancer. We do not have an exact schedule yet. The Master Calendar has been updated with this date. We will update you as soon as a detailed schedule is finalized.
The Solo, Duo, & Trio Signup Genius has been updated with December dates. As a reminder, this signup will be used throughout the year to book rehearsals for your dancer if she is competing with a solo, duo, and/or trio. If you have multiple of these dances, make sure that you note on the signup genius, if it is your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio dance to be rehearsed. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio.
Click here to access the Signup Genius.
As a reminder:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- Please book only 1 slot per month, per dancer/dance. If extra time slots are available later in any given month where a second slot can be booked, you will be made aware.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.
If you have any questions on this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some December Calendar Updates to share with you. Please remember to review the Master Calendar for the latest updates. The updates we have as of right now are recapped below.
- Friday, December 1
- PREMIER Production – 5pm – 6pm
- ELITE & PREMIER Hip Hop – 6pm – 7pm
- ELITE Production – 7pm – 8pm
- Saturday, December 2
- BRAVO & OVATION Hip Hop – 1pm – 2pm
- BRAVO Lyrical – 2pm – 3pm
- NOTE: This is the Johns Creek Founder’s Day Parade day. If we get any information that the parade may run later than 12noon, these times will be adjusted.
- Friday, December 8
- OVATION Production – 5pm – 6pm
- Saturday, December 9
- NOTE: We are postponing the Parents Afternoon Out event that was also scheduled on this date since we needed this day/time for rehearsals.
- PREMIER Lyrical – 10am – 11am
- PREMIER Production – 11am – 12noon
- PREMIER Small Group – 12noon – 1pm
- ELITE Small Groups (Hip Hop and Jon C) – 1pm – 2:30pm
- ELITE Lyrical – 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- ELITE Production – 3:30pm – 4:30pm
- Week of December 11
- “Wear your PJ’s to Dance” Week – to raise money for Dancers Against Cancer
- Saturday, December 16 (after Holiday Party)
- ALL GROUPS: Full Production Rehearsal – 2 hours (start time will be as soon as party is over which should be 1pm)