Nationals Rehearsals will be set to start Thursday, June 16 through Thursday, June 23. Detailed dates and times for each group will be published as we get closer to these dates.
Raise the Barre has been set for the week of July 25 through July 29.
Dates where Cheryl is confident required dance events will NOT be scheduled include the following weeks:
- Week of June 6 – 12
- June 13 – 15
- Week of July 4 – 10
- Week of July 11 – 17
- Week of July 18 – 24
Get your FNDA Photo Button just in time for competition season! We also have Car Magnets for sale if you would like one for your second car, or your dancer’s car.
Pin on your pride and joy! We are offering Photo Buttons again this year for our Vibe dancers to show spirit for our girls. The buttons are 3″ in diameter and will feature a photo of your dancer with a red border that says “FootNotes Dance & Acrobatics” around the outer edge. It can be further customized with your daughter’s name, as an option. See button example above.
Angela Coppola (Thanks Angela!) will be taking the headshot photos for the photo buttons on the following day/time at the Studio before production rehearsal that afternoon:
- Saturday, February 5 from 11:30am – 1:00pm
If you wish to purchase a photo button this year, please come to the studio to have your dancer’s headshot taken during the time slot listed above. Please fill out the Google form (link below) so that we know how many buttons you wish to order.
What to wear: Please have your daughter wear light stage makeup and her FootNotes jacket, and competition earrings.
- UPDATE on competition earrings: If you have last year’s competition earrings, bring them to use for the headshot. If you do not, you will receive them when you take your headshot (or if you are not getting a headshot for the photo button, Cheryl will give them out at your group’s Dress Rehearsal).
- Your Dancer’s hair should be styled neatly in any hairstyle.
Buttons are $5 each,. We will be taking payments (cash or check) when photos are taken.
Please click here to access the Google form to place your photo button order today. Deadline to order/make payment is Saturday, February 5. Orders for the photo buttons will be placed with our vendor that next day. We are not sure if they will make it in time for Showcase, but they should be here in time for our first competition in March. Please make sure that you fill out all fields on the form and press submit.
FootNotes/Vibe Car Magnets will also be for sale this weekend…$5/each.
Information is now available regarding the upcoming NUVO Dance Convention in Atlanta on the weekend of January 28…please click here to be directed to the web page that contains all of the Vibe details about NUVO! (This page is password protected.)
To do’s for Nuvo:
- Sign the waiver. This IS REQUIRED document that must be signed in order for your dancer to participate at Nuvo, so it must be signed digitally by Thursday, January 27. Click here to access the link to sign the Dance 360 waiver. Link is also included in the NUVO document on the web page above.
- If you are available to chaperone the event (we need 8 chaperones each day – 1-2 for each age grouping), please signup using the Signup Genius in the NUVO document linked on the web page above.
- Your Group Mom will be coordinating the transportation plan for your group to and from the Hotel (groups generally car pool). We find that having the group mom coordinate this for each team works out best for the team. She will be in touch soon with planning.
The Vibe’s Showcase Committee has a long list of volunteer positions to be filled for the 2 days of our shows. Please click here to access the list of all volunteer positions for our Vibe 2022 Dance Showcase.
A couple of reminders about the Signup Genius: Every Vibe family is obligated to volunteer at least one position during Showcase. We have MANY positions to fill in order to ensure Showcase goes off “without a hitch!” This is the best time of the year to earn your hours towards the 12 hours required from each dancer family (20 hours for families with two dancers).
Please note that many of these volunteer roles only require up to 1 hour of your time (as noted in the Signup Genius description of the position), so you will likely want to sign up for multiple volunteer positions across both days.
Please be aware of any time conflicts when signing up for multiple roles. For instance, you can not be a Lead Group Mom and Concessions Sales for the same show as you would be needed in both roles at the same time. However, you could easily be a Lead Group Mom for the Saturday show and Concessions Sales for a Sunday show, as an example. If you have any questions on volunteer positions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
What better way to show support, love and encouragement for your big/little sister than during a one-on-one coffee date?! Grab your Big/Little Sister and head to Starbucks for a coffee or treat on the Vibe!
Big Sisters – during the months of January & February, partner with your little sister (and mom) to coordinate a date and time that works for both of you to meet up. Once your date is set, pick up a Starbucks gift card from the front desk at the studio to treat you and your little sister to a Starbucks drink or treat.
****Please schedule your coffee date prior to Monday, February 28th as there will be more Big/Little Sister events and activities coming your way this season! ****
Click here to access the Vibe Showcase 2022 Member Information page. This page contain will contain all information important to Vibe members regarding Showcase 2022. The page is password protected, and it is located under the Members Only link at the top of the website. We will continue to add documents related to Showcase to this page.
The Showcase Parent Meeting dates have been added to the Master Calendar (this is a mandatory meeting for 1 parent). Our Showcase Chairs, Amy Smith and Elisa Bobbitt, will share details about the venue, timeline, etc. for Showcase weekend. Meeting Dates and times are as follows:
- Saturday, February 5 at 1 – 1:45PM for Bravo, Encore, Ovation, & Starlet parents
- Saturday, February 5 at 2 – 2:45PM for Elite and Premier parents
- We are offering 2 meetings to keep the number gathering small. Masks are required for all.
- The meeting will be held at FootNotes in one of the larger studio rooms. If you would like to sit during the meeting, please bring a chair or blanket.
- If you are feeling sick on the day of or are unable to attend the meeting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: If you are a parent that has dancers in multiple groups, you only have to attend 1 parent meeting. The same information will be covered at both meetings.
Our official Showcase 2022 web page is now live! You can share this webpage link with your friends and family.
Show Dates: Saturday, February 19 at 5pm and Sunday, February 20 at 2pm
Venue: Duluth High School
For further information about Dance Showcase 2022, click here to access the web page.
Due to the forecasted snow this afternoon, ALL Rehearsals scheduled for this afternoon are CANCELLED today (1/16/2022). ADDITIONS to the Master Calendar for next weekend include:
Saturday, January 22
- 9:30 – 11am Ovation (NEW)
- 12noon – 2pm Bravo (additional hour added to this rehearsal)
Please review these updates on the Master Calendar.
Stay Safe today!
One of the competition shoe selections that was initially TBD for BRAVO has been added on the Shoe Buying Guide (new listing is highlighted in orange).
The Competition Tights list has also been updated for multiple groups.
Please click here to access the Shoes and Tights Buying Guide web page to access both of these updates.
REMINDER: Please make sure that you select the correct dance group for your dancer, and make sure you are choosing the correct color to purchase.
ALL dancer’s shoes and tights for this competition season should be in hand no later than Monday, January 17, 2022.
ANOTHER REMINDER: Showcase Tickets will go on pre-sale via our online ticketing website to Vibe members tomorrow, Wednesday, January 12 at/around 9am. Please be on the lookout for an email from the Vibe GMAIL account (not a web post) with Ticket Sales information.