Here it is… All of the schedule and venue information you need for the Masquerade Dance Competition the weekend of March 12 through 14! Please review all of the details in the document with your dancer. Please click here to be directed to the password protected Masquerade 2021 webpage.
*Please note that it is likely we will get another schedule update this week. We will update the Masquerade 2021 document via webpost as soon as we get it.
We have received further information from Masquerade about their 2 guests per dancer policy. This is a policy that we must abide by, so please review the details below:
- All dancers and her (up to) 2 family members MUST have a completed Covid Waiver on file with Masquerade before arrival at the venue.
- The link to the Birmingham waiver will be published 7 days prior to the event (likely available on Friday, March 5). We will post an update when the waiver is available and explain how to access it. Once you complete the waiver, you will need to follow the instructions to receive your dancer’s QR code that will allow your dancer into the venue. You must have this code available when entering the competition venue as it is required for the dancer check-in process.
- ONLY/UP to 2 family members are allowed to accompany the dancer into the venue (this means only 2 persons TOTAL can accompany the dancer during/at any area of the venue.) This will be strictly enforced by Masquerade.
- All dancer and the “up to 2” family members MUST ARRIVE AT THE SAME TIME during your studio’s check-in time. A waiver is required for each dancer and her TWO guests. The waiver must include the family members that are entering the facility at the same time as the dancer.
- The guardian/guest(s) are also agreeing to the terms of the waiver and WILL NOT need to fill out their own. They will be attached to the dancer’s waiver.
- If a family has multiple dancers, you will receive 2 QR Codes, one for each dancer that you must present at check-in.
- Upon receiving your waiver confirmation and temperature check at check-in, wristbands will be issued. If your wristband is removed, you will not be re-admitted to the venue/competition.
The All About Competition document has been refreshed/updated for the 2021 season. It has been uploaded to the website. There is new information included in this version from Cheryl (for those that have been around for a while) so make sure you and your dancer give it a good read. COVID guideline information (as much as we know) has been included as well. Click here to access the Member Information page where this document resides. Look for the **NEW** indicator.
Masquerade has provided Cheryl with our preliminary studio “block” competition schedule for Birmingham.
- Our Solos will begin on Saturday, March 13 around 9pm and finish around 10:30pm. Dancer Arrival for Solos is 8:30pm.
- Group dances, duos, the trio and 2 solos (Paisley and Riley T.) will begin on Sunday, March 14, starting at 7:30am. Dancer arrival is as early as 7am. Our session will be completed by 11:45am.
- Note: There will be 1 other studio competing at the venue at the same block time slot.
Arrival details (this will be more fleshed out once we have the detailed schedule from Masquerade): We will be need to arrive at the venue 30 minutes prior to our block time. It is imperative your dancer arrives at the venue stage ready (make-up and hair completely done), and ready to dance, with first costume on. Cheryl recommends your dancer start stretching at the hotel.
2 guests are allowed in the audience for each dancer. We are waiting to hear how many volunteer helpers are allowed backstage with the dancers.
We will post detailed schedule information as soon as it is made available.
Monday/tomorrow is the last day to order your FootNotes mask and Showcase Video, if you have not already purchased them. They will be on sale through Monday, March 1 at 9pm. These are pre-sale items only.
Click here to purchase your mask or Showcase video today!
We are offering a face mask with the FootNotes logo for a limited time via our Square website. Purchase yours today (for dancers and family members). It is an optional purchase. We will be accepting orders today through this Monday, March 1 end of day (link to Square website is below).
The masks will be ordered based on your purchase. As soon as they are ready in the next couple of weeks, we will send out an email letting you know when you can pick them up.
This mask is a one size fits all mask with the FootNotes logo on the side. It is a 2-ply 100% polyester interlock with PosiCharge technology by Sport-tek. The inner lining is a non-woven interfacing. It has self-binding ear loops with unique, easy-to-adjust sliders. It is being offered in Black with the White FN logo. Price is $10/each.
As a reminder, Showcase Videos are on sale through Monday, March 1 as well, if you have not purchased yours yet!
Click here to purchase your mask or Showcase video today!
With competition season just around the corner, we wanted to remind everyone to check/confirm your hotel reservations for Birmingham. The group/team rates that had been secured by our Hotel Logistics Team expire today and tomorrow.
One Update on Hotel Rates: We heard from the Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB (weekend of March 12-14), that there are currently no bookings using our group reservation code. They let us know that they have reduced the rate for the 1 King Sofa Bed for our block of rooms to $99/night.
Click here to access the Competition Hotel Info webpage.
If you have an issue with a reservation that is part of one of our hotel reservation blocks, please email us at email@example.com, and we will ask our Hotel Logistics team to get involved.
Information is now available regarding the upcoming Radix Dance Convention in Atlanta…please click here to be “in the know” about Radix! (This page is password protected.)
Please note in the Radix information that there is a Radix waiver document (click here) that must be filled out and signed for each dancer. The deadline for getting the waiver turned in to the studio is Monday, February 22 end of day.
Cheryl has updated the Solo, Duo, Trio Signup Genius with some February and March dates. Click here to access the Signup Genius.
Make sure that you note on the Signup Genius whether you are signing up for your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio rehearsal. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio. Please only sign up for 1 slot for the first week the SUG is published. After a week, you may sign up for a second slot if you wish.
Dancers, please remember the following:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- Please bring payment ($35 for a 30 minute session with Cheryl or Madison) at the start of each rehearsal. There is no option to have this charge added to your FootNotes account. All dancers must pay the instructor directly by either check, Venmo, or cash.
- If your dancer is unable to attend your booked rehearsal session, you must notify FootNotes at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled time. If you ‘miss’/forget a rehearsal that you have signed up for, you are still responsible for the payment to the instructor.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.