We are almost a 1/3 of the way to our goal of $1000 to donate this year to Dancers Against Cancer! A HUGE THANKS to all of our FootNotes families for supporting this worthy cause! Our next opportunity to raise money is the week of November 6….FootNotes Dance & Acrobatics will be hosting a “Wear your PJ’s to Dance” week at the studio! With your donation of at least $1, your dancer can wear PJ’s to dance. We will also be hosting a Parents’ Night Out in November and a Parents’ Afternoon Out in December to assist us in making our $1000 donation goal! Detailed communications on these events will be coming soon!
#footnotesdac #dancersagainstcancer #imadanceragainstcancer
A Signup Genius has been created for private rehearsals of Solos, Duos, and Trios this year. You will use this throughout the year to book rehearsals for your dancer if she is competing with a solo, duo, trio. If you have multiple of these dances, make sure that you note on the signup genius, if it is your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio dance to be rehearsed. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio.
Click here to access the Signup Genius.
As a reminder:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- Please book only 1 slot per month, per dancer/dance. If extra time slots are available later in any given month where a second slot can be booked, you will be made aware.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.
If you have any questions on this, please email us at email@example.com.
UPDATED Group Photo Shoot (next Sunday, October 22) details have been posted. Click here to access the Group Photo Information web page. (This web page is password protected.) Timing, location detail, and parking info have been updated. Please take a moment to review the link above.
This is just a reminder that FootNotes has joined forces with the charity foundation, Dancers Against Cancer, as a Hope Studio. Hope studios pledge to raise at least $1000 for the foundation that provides financial support to dancers, parents and dance educators impacted by cancer. The “I’m a Dancer Against Cancer” campaign was founded to spread awareness and raise donations and it quickly became a sign of hope in the dance community. Please join us as we unite as a dance community in the fight against cancer.
This week of October 9th, donate at least $1 per day, and you can dress out in your favorite team apparel for class! Sports jerseys, t-shirts, or any spirit wear can be worn. All proceeds benefit Dancers Against Cancer (DAC). We will have a photo booth setup, so please take lots of pics and post them on social media! Be sure to use the Snap filter that we have setup as well.
#dancersagainstcancer #imadanceragainstcancer #FootNotesDAC
We have multiple opportunities over the next 3 months for you/your dancer to volunteer! A Signup Genius has been created where details/requirements about the event are provided.
- October 13 – Production Lock-in is set, and our Social Committee would like us to assist with providing dinner, snacks, and water for our amazing dancers.
- 2 events to raise money as a Hope Studio for Dancers Against Cancer. These 2 Parent Night/Afternoon Out events will be held at the Studio to benefit our Dancers Against Cancer initiative (all proceeds from the events will go to Dancers Against Cancer foundation!) We need dancers and a few parents to volunteer for each event.
- Saturday, December 2 – Johns Creek Founder’s Day Parade – Let’s show our FootNotes spirit and get our name out there in our community. We would like to have as many Vibe dancers as possible REPRESENTING!
Please email us at the firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We will send out more information on these events as details are firmed up. We are just gathering interest and availability now.
We have some Calendar Updates to share with you. Please review the following updates to the Master Calendar. The updates have been recapped below:
- Week of October 9
- Dancers Against Cancer “Show your Team Spirit” Week (details sent out via the FootNotes newsletter)
- Donate at least $1 per day, and you can dress out in your favorite team apparel for class! Sports jerseys, t-shirts, or any spirit wear. All proceeds benefit Dancers Against Cancer (DAC). We’ll have a photo spot with fun props and a special Snapchat Geotag. Use the hashtag #FootNotesDAC to help us spread the word!
- Week of November 6
- Dancers Against Cancer “Wear your PJs” Week – More information will be coming out soon from FootNotes. This event will be similar to the “Team Spirit” week.
- Saturday, December 2
- To show our FootNotes spirit this holiday season, we are planning to participate in the Johns Creek Founder’s Day Parade – start time is 10am. We will be sending out a Signup Genius via email to see who is available to participate. This is not a mandatory event, but we hope to have many Vibe dancers participate. We are gathering details now from the parade coordinators, and will share the information with you on the Signup Genius.
- Saturday, December 16
- Vibe Holiday Party – start time is 11am. More details will be forthcoming closer to the event.
What is Dancers Against Cancer?
FootNotes has joined forces with the charity foundation, Dancers Against Cancer (DAC), as a Hope Studio. Hope studios pledge to raise at least $1,000 for the foundation that provides financial support to dancers, parents and dance educators impacted by cancer. The “I’m a Dancer Against Cancer” campaign was founded to spread awareness and raise donations, and it quickly became a sign of hope in the dance community. Please join us as we unite as a dance community in the fight against cancer.
The DAC events are for the entire FootNotes community, and we hope our Vibe family will rally and take the lead by joining in and participating during these events! We are also planning to offer two opportunities for a Parents Night/Afternoon Out to make money for DAC. Parents will pre-register to drop off their (potty-trained) young children for some fun at the studio (pizza, dancing, movies, crafts). During these events, Vibe dancers would volunteer to babysit at the studio and lead in activities with the kids. The dates/times we are planning for this are 11/17 from 6pm – 9pm, and 12/9 from 11am – 2pm. Dancers who babysit can earn Beta hours for participating. A Signup Genius will follow shortly to gather interest. FootNotes will be promoting these events.
Group Photo Shoot (Sunday, October 22) details have been posted. Click here to access the Group Photo Information web page. (This web page is password protected.) Details of the exact locations (in-town Atlanta/shooting at different murals) and timing of the photo shoot are still being worked out with the photographer. We will communicate those as soon as we have the details. The outfit of this year’s photo shoot is a little different from prior years, so we wanted to get that information to you so that you/your dancer have time to plan out what will be worn. Please take a moment to review the link above.