SHOWCASE DETAILED SCHEDULE
The Showcase Chairs will host a Showcase Informational Meeting only for new members of Vibe this year. This meeting will occur during the hair and make-up tutorial session at the studio on February 4th. In lieu of the mandatory Vibe Parent Meeting that is typically held prior to Showcase, we kindly ask that you please read the attached document to review important details about Showcase, including venue details, drop-off and pick-up instructions, timeline, etc. Click here to access the 2023 Showcase Member Information Page. The Showcase Detailed Schedule is #4 on the list.
SHOWCASE VOLUNTEER SIGNUP
Thank you to those members that have already signed up for multiple positions on our Showcase 2023 Signup Genius! Several key/”must fill” positions are still open and need volunteers. We need your help to get these open positions filled. Please click here to access the Vibe 2023 Dance Showcase Signup Genius.
Reminders from the initial post about the Signup Genius:
- Please note that many of these volunteer roles only require up to an hour of your time, so you may sign up for multiple volunteer positions across both shows.
- Please be conscious of any time conflicts when signing up for multiple roles. If you have any questions on volunteer positions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It truly takes a village and we appreciate the cooperation and support of each of our dance families pulling together to bring Showcase to life! If you have any questions regarding Showcase 2023, please reach out to Amy Smith or Elisa Bobbitt.
Cheryl has created the Solo, Duo, Trio Signup Genius for this season. Click here to access the Signup Genius.
Make sure that you note on the Signup Genius whether you are signing up for your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio rehearsal. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio.
You may only sign up for one slot each time new dates are posted. After one week, you may sign up for an additional spot, but you must have pre-approval from Cheryl.
Dancers, please remember the following:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- Please bring payment ($35 for a 30 minute session with Cheryl or Madison) at the start of each rehearsal. There is no option to have this charge added to your FootNotes account. All dancers must pay the instructor directly by either check, Venmo, or cash.
- If your dancer is unable to attend your booked rehearsal session, you must notify FootNotes at email@example.com, at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled time. If you ‘miss’/forget a rehearsal that you have signed up for, you are still responsible for the payment to the instructor.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.
Vibe Group Photos are now available for your viewing and downloading for social media. Click here to access the Group Photo web page (you can also access this page from the Members Only pull-down menu on the web site).
When you post any of these pictures to social media, please post and tag with the following: @allurephotoproject @footnotesdance #allurephotoproject #footnotesdance #vpcdancers #wedanceforhelen #vpcshowcase2023 #wedanceatfnda #vibeperformancecompany #glowyourownway
As a reminder, this is a password protected web page. If you have any questions or an issue with downloading the pics, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your FNDA Photo Button just in time for competition season! We also have Car Magnets for sale if you would like one for your second car, or your dancer’s car.
Pin on your pride and joy! We are offering Photo Buttons again this year for our Vibe dancers to show spirit for our girls. The buttons are 3″ in diameter and will feature a photo of your dancer with a red border that says “FootNotes Dance & Acrobatics” around the outer edge. It can be further customized with your daughter’s name, as an option. See button example above.
Headshot photos for the photo buttons will be taken on Saturday, February 4th from 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM at the Studio
If you wish to purchase a photo button this year, please come to the studio to have your dancer’s headshot taken during the time slot listed above. Please fill out the Google form (link below) so that we know how many buttons you wish to order.
What to wear: Please have your daughter wear light stage makeup and her FootNotes jacket, and competition earrings. If you have last year’s competition earrings, bring them to use for the headshot. If you do not, we will have a few extra pairs of clip ons at the studio. Your Dancer’s hair should be styled neatly in any hairstyle.
Buttons are $5 each,. We will be taking payments (cash or check) when photos are taken.
Please click here to access the Google form to place your photo button order today. Deadline to order/make payment is Saturday, February 4. Orders for the photo buttons will be placed with our vendor that next day. We are not sure if they will make it in time for Showcase, but they should be here in time for our first competition in March. Please make sure that you fill out all fields on the form and press submit.
FootNotes/Vibe Car Magnets will also be for sale during this time at the studio…$5/each.
The Vibe’s Showcase Committee has a long list of volunteer positions to be filled for the 2 days of our shows. Please click here to access the Vibe 2023 Dance Showcase Signup Genius.
A couple of reminders about the Signup Genius: Every Vibe family is obligated to volunteer at least one position during Showcase. We have MANY positions to fill in order to ensure Showcase goes off “without a hitch!” This is the best time of the year to earn your hours towards the 12 hours required from each dancer family (20 hours for families with two dancers).
Please note that many of these volunteer roles only require up to 1 hour of your time (as noted in the Signup Genius description of the position), so you will likely want to sign up for multiple volunteer positions across both days.
Please be aware of any time conflicts when signing up for multiple roles. For instance, you can not be a Lead Group Mom and Concessions Sales for the same show as you would be needed in both roles at the same time. However, you could easily be a Lead Group Mom for the Saturday show and Concessions Sales for a Sunday show, as an example. If you have any questions on volunteer positions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
A few important notes about Showcase:
- Only registered volunteers assisting with backstage duties and Lead Group Moms for
each group are allowed backstage during Dress Rehearsal. Lead Group Moms for Saturday, February 18, will assist during Dress Rehearsal AND Show #1. If you are registered for other volunteer positions throughout the weekend, please note your arrival times on the Sign-up Genius (link above).
- Dancer Arrival Times on both days of Showcase. Please arrive promptly on February 18 and 19. These times have been added to the Master Calendar.
- Saturday, February 18 Arrival Time: 10:00 AM
- All dancers may put on first costume at the venue
- Saturday’s Dress Rehearsal will start promptly at 10:45 AM
- Sunday, February 19 Arrival Times: 11:45 AM
- Ovation/Prodigy Jazz (I Need A Hero) and Elite Tap (My Girl) must arrive at the venue in their first dance costume! All other dancers may put on their first costume at the venue.
- All dancers must arrive with competition hair and make-up completed.
- Click here to access the 2023 Vibe Showcase Show Order.
We appreciate your cooperation and support to maintain a fun, yet safe environment for our dancer, volunteers, and guests at Showcase!
Our official Showcase 2023 web page is now live! You can share this webpage link with your friends and family.
Show Dates: Saturday, February 18th at 4:00 PM and Sunday, February 19th at 1:00 PM
Venue: Duluth High School
For further information about Dance Showcase 2023, click here to access the web page.
Please click here to view the 2023 Vibe Showcase show order.
The show dates and times are: Saturday, February 18 at 4:00pm, and Sunday, February 19 at 1:00pm.
Venue: Duluth High School, 3737 Brock Rd NW, Duluth, GA 30096
Reminders: Showcase Ticket Sales Information
Tickets are $25 online sales, via our ticketing website, and $30 per ticket on the day of the show (to be sold at the venue). **Each member/family is required to sell or purchase at least 10 tickets between the 2 shows.
Below are details about the timing of Ticket Sales:
- Showcase Tickets will go on pre-sale via our online ticketing website to Parents of Seniors on Tuesday, January 10 at/around 9am. Parents of Seniors will be allowed to purchase up to 20 tickets for both shows at this time. Once ticketing goes on sale for other Vibe members the next day, you may purchase more tickets at that time. Please be on the lookout for an email from the Vibe GMAIL account (not a web post) with Ticket Sales information next Tuesday.
- Showcase Tickets will go on pre-sale via our online ticketing website to all other Vibe members only on Wednesday, January 11 at/around 9am. Please be on the lookout for an email from the Vibe GMAIL account (not a web post) with Ticket Sales information next Wednesday.
- On Monday, January 16, Showcase details will be posted to our website as a web page and web post for general public ticket purchases.
- Remember to place your dancer’s name into the “Dancer’s Name” field during the Checkout process (at the time of purchase) since we are tracking # of tickets sold by dancer family.
Below are important notes about Day of Show (to explain to your guests when inviting them):
- There will be a short intermission in each show, where concessions will be sold.
- We are offering 2 Dancer Gift options this year. They will be sold pre-sale and at the venue, while quantities last. There will be a separate web post next week explaining the dancer gift options and how to purchase.
- Each season, the interest to perform a solo, duo and/or trio continues to growth within Vibe. We are proud to see so many dancers who want to showcase their talents increase each season. This year, in an effort to provide a comfortable length show for our guests, only high school senior dancers will perform their solo at Showcase. Each senior dancer will perform their solo in each show. If there is a duo or trio with ALL senior dancers, they will perform that routine in each show as well.
Let us know if you have any questions on the show order or ticket sales….email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several updates on Competition Make-up and Earrings:
1. The “Items Needed for Competition” document has been posted to the Member Information section of the website. Please make sure you review this document ASAP. You will see the “**NEW**” indicator beside this document.
2. Competition Hair and Makeup “boot camp” (for NEW MEMBERS only) has been set for Saturday, February 4th at 1:30pm @ the Studio! This is for Dancer and Mom and is a mandatory event for both. This is where you and your dancer will learn our official competition hairstyle for this competition season. You will also be shown how competition makeup is to be applied so that our dancers have a ‘uniform’ look.
3. Competition Makeup – Cheryl is working with a new makeup supplier for this year and will be ordering competition makeup kits including eyeshadow, blush and lipstick for ALL dancers (Yofi is no longer in business). These items will be distributed upon arrival.
4. Competition Earrings – click here to access the Competition Earring Order Form. Competition Earrings are mandatory for all members. All members should have 2 pairs of earrings for competition (one to wear and one as a backup). New members should place an order for a minimum of 2 pairs (pierced or clip). Returning members only need to place an order if they are in need of another pair or two. We need a response FROM EVERY DANCER ASAP/by Wednesday, January 11.
5. For new members, we know this list may look ‘large’, so feel free to reach out to your group mom should you have questions regarding any items on the list.
*The final workshop schedule has now been updated to reflect start/end times for this weekend. Information is now available regarding the upcoming NRG Dance Convention in Atlanta on the weekend of January 6…please click here to be directed to the web page that contains all of the Vibe details about NRG! (This page is password protected.)
To Do’s for NRG:
- Sign the waiver. This IS A REQUIRED document that must be signed in order for your dancer to participate at NRG, so it must be signed digitally by Wednesday, January 4. Click here to access the link to sign the NRG My Dancer waiver. Link is also included in the NRG document on the web page above. Once you have electronically signed the waiver, you will receive an email confirmation asking you to click a link to CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. Please make sure you finish this step to complete the waiver submission process.
- If you are available to chaperone the event (we need 6 chaperones each day – 2 for each age grouping), please Click here to access the SignUp Genius to sign up to chaperone. You can also access the Signup Genius in the NRG document linked on the web page above.
- Your Group Mom will be coordinating the transportation plan for your group to and from the Hotel (groups generally car pool). We find that having the group mom coordinate this for each team works out best for the team. She will be in touch soon with planning.