This is a reminder if you haven’t purchased your group and/or individual photos this year….there is still time, but time is running out! The Releve discount is available until this Monday, June 26. Packages and digital files are no longer offered after this date. And the Coupon Codes will no longer be active. So, don’t delay….go to http://www.myrelevephoto.com/2017fn and purchase your dancer’s photos today.
The Raise the Barre dance intensive schedule (the week of June 26 – 30) is now available! Please click here for the schedule details.
FootNotes has some amazing guest teachers coming in, as well as some of our own fabulous faculty! Instructors are Jon Carr, Mary Kate Campfield, Kristin D’Addario, Peter Doll, Nathan Griswold, Elizabeth Hamil, Haley Jenkins, Ricky Maalouf, David Mann, and Brian Mason. We are so excited for this week of unprecedented opportunities in growth, knowledge, creativity, expression, and inspiration!
Please PACK a lunch every day, as well as a water bottle and a few, quick energy-boosting snacks. Trailmix, bananas, peanut butter crackers, and cheese sticks are all good choices.
Bring ALL dance shoes, including sneakers for Hip Hop.
When you have a ballet class (there is ballet every day for each group), you must wear a leotard and tights. Other classes require dancewear. NO T-Shirts or casual shorts. Dance shorts with a sports bra and tank is acceptable, as long as it is neat and tasteful. Please represent yourselves and FootNotes in a professional way and as dancers who take pride in their appearance.
Hair should be pulled back in a high bun for all classes (styled like at recital), and all tights should be clean and free of holes and runs.
Guidelines for level placement are:
- Junior Level – Ages 6-10
- Intermediate Level – Ages 10-15
- Advanced Level – Ages 14 & up, dancing at a more advanced level
If you have questions about level placement, please email FootNotes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing everyone at RAISE THE BARRE!
Recital Info for Vibe Dancers…
- Hairstyle: High Bun, for both Dress Rehearsal and Recital. The high bun should be the same bun as was done for group pictures. The high bun should be at the crown of the dancer’s head (follow the natural up-sweeping line of the cheekbone for correct alignment of the bun). It should be high, but NOT on top of the dancer’s head. There should be no part in the dancer’s hair. Please refer to the Recital Handbook that was sent out via email from FootNotes, should you have any questions.
- Makeup: On Saturday for Dress Rehearsal, light makeup is acceptable/full stage makeup is not required. On Sunday for the Recital, dancers must wear full competition makeup.
- Arrival Times for BOTH Dress Rehearsal and Recital Days:
- BRAVO, OVATION, and PREMIER – Arrive at 12:30pm, completely stage-ready.
- APPLAUSE, ELITE, OVATION, and PREMIER – Arrive at 5:30pm, completely stage-ready
- NOTE: Dancers at the 2pm must leave the venue in between the 2 shows at both the Dress Rehearsal and Recital.
- Vibe Dancers will be assisting with escorting rec dancers to their appropriate rooms, etc. at both the Dress Rehearsal and Recital. Dancers are to check-in with Christy as soon as they arrive.
- Look for an email from your Group Leader soon asking for some additional help on Recital day. We will need a few dancers to be Shout-out runners and some to help monitor the younger rec classes.
Let’s all help make this year’s SWEET SIXTEEN Recital the best yet!
REMINDER: Today is the last day to order your dancer’s Recital Flowers & Trophies! Go to the Vibe’s online store, place your order, and your flower bouquet or trophy will be waiting for you at the Trophy and Flower table in the lobby of the FootNotes recital venue (Infinite Energy Center) on Sunday, June 4 prior to the 2:00pm and 7:00pm show.
We have another schedule update from KAR. The PDF document on the KAR web page has been updated with the latest times. Some dances have moved as much as an hour. As we always say, these are approximate times. Please allow plenty of time to get to the venue for your “stage ready” time. Remember that KAR has an app where you can see the schedule on your phone.
If you have questions, please direct them to your group leader. Have a great day!
We have received an update to this weekend’s dance schedule from KAR. Some times changed as much as 30 minutes. Take a look when you have a moment. Reminder: KAR has an app (it’s explained on the webpage link below….it’s great to keep handy throughout the weekend.)
If you have questions, please direct them to your group leader.
As a reminder, The Vibe is selling our Recital Flower Bouquets and Trophies!
Simply go to the Vibe’s online store, place your order, and your flower bouquet or trophy will be waiting for you at the Trophy and Flower table in the lobby of the FootNotes recital venue (Infinite Energy Center) on Sunday, June 4 prior to the 2:00pm and 7:00pm show.
You may purchase these items now through this Friday, May 5, so get your order in today, and check that one off your end of year “to do” list!