Click here to view/print the updated Raise the Barre schedule for this week.
The following choreography has been added to the Master Calendar. This is hip hop choreography with Ricky Maalouf.
Monday, July 25
- ENCORE/OVATION/PRODIGY Hip Hop: 5:00 – 7:30pm
- ELITE & PREMIER Hip Hop: 7:30pm – 10pm
Tuesday, July 26
- ENCORE/OVATION/PRODIGY Hip Hop: 1:30 – 4:30pm
- ELITE & PREMIER Hip Hop: 4:30pm – 7:30pm
The Raise the Barre dance intensive is the week of July 25. Please click here for the schedule. Classes include Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre, and Acro/Tumbling, Turns and Conditioning.
It’s going to be a week of unprecedented growth, knowledge, creativity, and inspiration with some of the nation’s most sought after faculty!
NOTE: The classes and times may change. We will make you aware of any changes as soon as we know them.
- A few reminders for you/your dancer:
- Guidelines for level placement are:
- Junior Level – Ages 7-10
- Intermediate Level – Ages 11-13
- Advanced Level – Ages 14+, dancing at a more advanced level
If you have questions about level placement, please email FootNotes at email@example.com.
- Dancers should pack a light, healthy lunch as well as healthy snacks that can be eaten quickly for energy in between classes. Don’t forget water bottles!
- Please dress in fitted dance attire with no baggy t-shirts or shorts. Dance shorts or leggings with a sports bra and tank are acceptable, as long as it is neat and tasteful. Please represent yourselves and FootNotes in a professional way and as dancers who take pride in their appearance.
- Bring ALL DANCE SHOES.
- When possible, please wear a black leotard and pink tights for Ballet and have hair secured in a bun. All tights should be clean and free of holes and runs.
- Dancer’s hair should be pulled back from face, neat and secured with hairspray. Braids are encouraged for this reason.
- As always, please remind your dancer that there will be some dancers visiting, as well as FootNotes recreational dancers at Raise the Barre week. Please ask your Vibe dancer to make all dancers and teachers feel welcome at FootNotes, and to be kind and courteous at all times. Please make sure that we set the standard for how we keep the studio clean at lunch and snack breaks during the week…Vibe dancers should always remember to keep the studio tidy and cleanup after ourselves at all breaks.
We look forward to seeing everyone at RAISE THE BARRE!
Vibe Parents – Please hold off registering for your dancer’s Vibe Company classes on the FootNotes website. Cheryl is still working on getting everything up and running for the new season on her software. If your dancer has a rec class she wants to sign up for, you can sign up for that. We will let you know via the blog when you can register for Vibe Company classes.
Cheryl is actively working on the Raise the Barre schedule for next week. It should be published tomorrow.
Here are a few things we do know…so plan your dancer’s schedule accordingly:
- Ricky Maalouf will be in town Monday and Tuesday for Raise the Barre (July 25 and 26). Hip Hop Choreography for the following groups WILL take place on these same dates: ELITE, ENCORE, OVATION, PREMIER, PRODIGY. Dancers in these groups: Keep ALL DAY (and night) open/available on Monday, July 25 and Tuesday, July 26. We will communicate the choreography schedule as soon as it is finalized.
- There will be NO Choreography (ALL GROUPS) scheduled on Friday night, July 29 through Sunday, July 31.
Click here to access the 2022-2023 FootNotes Class Schedule by Vibe Group. This is super handy for getting your/dancer’s calendar updated with this year’s class schedule.
The 2022-2023 FootNotes class schedule has been announced/emailed to your family earlier today. There are a few particulars for Vibe company dancers that you need to be aware of, notate in your calendar, and possibly take action on.
- Bravo Acro on Tuesday’s will actually start at 3:45pm. Please make note of this time on your calendar. It wasn’t possible to show that on the class calendar.
- ALL GROUPS: The Tuesday Acro class will be an alternating Contemporary class with Evann Guthrie, every other week. (NOTE: This does not apply to Bravo. On the other “contemporary” weeks, Bravo dancers will not have this class.) For all other groups, the first Tuesday class starting August 16, will begin with Acro, and the following week will be the Evann Guthrie Contemporary class, alternating each week. Specifically these Tuesday classes will have the following schedule for each group (note that the FootNotes Class schedule notates when your dancer’s Acro class is, so use those times for the Acro weeks):
BRAVO Acro: 3:45 – 4:30 (Acro every other week starting 8/16)
PREMIER Acro or Contemporary: 5:15 – 6:15 Alternating Acro and Contemporary
ENCORE Acro: 7:00 – 7:45
PRODIGY Acro: 6:15 – 7:00
ENCORE/PRODIGY Contemporary: 6:30 – 7:30
OVATION Acro: 4:30 – 5:15
OVATION may opt in to join with Prodigy and Encore class. This is optional and not mandatory, but Ovation dancers do need to make the decision or not opt in for the entire year.
ELITE Acro or Contemporary: 7:30 – 8:30 Alternating Acro and Contemporary
3. ELITE dancers need to keep Thursday nights (at 8pm) reserved for any additional rehearsals that are needed. Cheryl will decide each week if additional rehearsals are needed.
This is a reminder to respond to the email from FootNotes sent on Tuesday, July 5. Cheryl needs your answer by today/this evening, July 8. She needs you to confirm your acceptance in order for choreography and groupings to be finalized.
Congrats to all of our dancers!!
Skin and Bones is #8 tomorrow. Dancers in this dance, please arrive at 9am when the doors open. We recommend that you get there early since we know the lines to get in will be long.
The Battle starts at 10am. All other dancers should arrive stage ready by 10am.
River Deep is #28; Fashion Week is #34 and The Mechanics is #68. Click this link for the complete schedule tomorrow.
Let’s Go, Girls!! It’s day 1 of Nationals. Good luck to all of our dancers today and this coming week!
Below is the Nationals logo. Feel free to use it on all social media.
You can share this link below with your friends and family for the Live Stream…note the 2 stages on the first 3 days so make sure you are watching the correct stage. The link below is the one from the Revolution Talent website. You can also access it from the Dance Bug app.
Click here to watch the competition live from the Revolution Talent website link. If this access doesn’t work on your device, try these links:
Stage 1 – Main Stage
Stage 2 – Theatre Stage
Items from the EOY banquet:
Click below to access the magazine covers for each group from EOY party: