The Vibe logistics team has completed the list of recommended accommodations for our regional competitions…please go to our Hotel Info page to see all lodging recommendations and block rates for this season’s competitions.
Rooms typically fill up VERY quickly for all competitions…so make your reservations ASAP. It is ALWAYS easier to eliminate a night from a hotel stay of an existing reservation. You will note that it is general policy of hotels to allow cancellations of nights. However, make sure you ask about the hotel’s cancellation policy when booking all reservations.
We have October Rehearsal Calendar Updates to share with you. Please review the following updates to the Master Calendar. The updates have been recapped below:
- Weekend of October 6 – No Group Rehearsals are scheduled for this weekend. Solo/duo/trio slots may be available this weekend. A separate email will be sent when these schedules are available.
- Friday, October 20
- PREMIER: Lyrical Rehearsal – 5pm – 6:30pm
- Saturday, October 21
- BRAVO: Lyrical Rehearsal – 9:30am – 10:15am
- BRAVO & OVATION: Hip Hop Rehearsal – 10:15am – 11:30am
- ELITE Small Group: Jon Carr Contemp. Rehearsal – 11:30am – 12:30pm
- ELITE Small Group: Hip Hop Rehearsal – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Sunday, October 29
- ELITE & PREMIER: Musical Theater Rehearsal – 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- ELITE & PREMIER: Hip Hop Rehearsal – 5:30pm – 7:30pm
We have Calendar Updates to share with you for the BRAVO group. Please review the following updates to the Master Calendar. The updates have been recapped below:
Saturday, September 30
- BRAVO: Tap with Carrie – 12noon – 4pm (with a break in the middle)
Sunday, October 1
- BRAVO: Tap with Carrie – 10am – 12noon
We have more Calendar Updates to share with you. These may have been communicated via your Group Mom or Cheryl already, but we wanted to recap them in the web post as well. Please review the following updates to the Master Calendar. The updates have been recapped below:
- Saturday, September 30
- FLY Rehearsal (for Tower of Talent) – 2pm – 3pm
- Sunday, October 1
- Elizabeth H. Small Group: Choreography – 9am – 4pm
- Reminder: BRAVO Tap Choreography WILL also take place this weekend also. Exact day and time is still to be determined (will be communicated as soon as Cheryl hears from the choreographer).
- These are the only 3 ‘group’ rehearsals scheduled for the weekend of September 29. If you are not in one of these 3 group dances above, or you do not have a solo/duo/trio being choreographed that weekend, this is a free weekend. The placeholder calendar entry for “possible rehearsals” has been removed from the calendar for this weekend.
- Group Photo Dates have been set. Cheryl is lining up details with a new photographer. The date is Sunday, October 22 (exact times and venue to be determined). Our rain date, if it’s needed, is Saturday, November 11. You will note that Cheryl is aware that a few people may have a conflict, but there are conflicts with literally every weekend, given the number of dancers we have. These dates worked with the photographer so that is why these dates were selected.
Vibe Parents & Dancers,
The Vibe will be placing the ONE TIME PER YEAR order for backpacks and track jackets.
- The order deadline is Friday, September 29. Both of these items are mandatory for all members. This post has a lot of details that we need to make you aware of, so please read on…
- New members, please place your order for both the jacket and backpack using the link at the bottom of the web post.
- Returning members, please do an honest assessment of the condition of your backpack, as well as the condition and fit of your dancer’s jacket. Read on for more details. Please use the link below to place your order, for the items you wish to purchase this year.
- Order confirmations are emailed within 24 hours of you submitting your order. If you do not receive a confirmation, your order was not received.
ALL DANCERS need to click on the link at the bottom of this web post and complete this online order form (even if you are not ordering anything).
Jackets: This retro-style jacket will be white and black, and the back will have the FootNotes Dance logo (red, black and white). The jacket is available in Youth XS-L and Adult YS-6XL sizes (see size chart below). It is the parent’s responsibility to select the size they feel would work best for their dancer. Additionally, you will have the option of adding your dancer’s name on the jacket…see details in the online order form.
- If you already own last year’s White and Black jacket style (and it still fits and is in good shape), you are not required to purchase a new jacket for this 2017-2018 dance season.
- As always, the Vibe jacket is a mandatory item for all Vibe members. The dancers wear the jackets to both workshops and competitions to establish a more “uniform” appearance, as well as to/from dance practice in the cooler months. Dancers are also required to wear their jacket whenever onstage during award ceremonies.
To determine jacket size, focus on the bust and waist size for appropriate fit. Your Group Leader will be in touch with a day and time for dancers to bring in last year’s jackets for try-on for those interested in seeing fit of the jacket.
Backpacks: The same backpack will be used again this year. This bag is the perfect size to hold ALL of the dancer’s shoes. The dancers will use this bag for weekly classes, as well as workshops and competitions. The backpacks will have the FootNotes logo embroidered on the front flap, and your dancer’s name will be embroidered on the side pocket. Please check your dancer’s backpack to see if it is still in good shape or needs replacing. They are typically ready to be replaced after 2-3 years.
ALL DANCERS need to click on the link below and complete this online order form (even if you are not ordering anything…we need to hear from EVERYONE). Again, the deadline for submitting your order is Friday, September 29.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE ORDER FORM.
Congratulations to our 2016/2017 OVATION dance team for being selected to perform at Tower of Talent 2017!
The Tower of Talent event features some of “Atlanta’s most talented kids” in an inspirational concert benefitting Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta! Anna, Erin, Helen, Kami, Katie, Mackenzie, Sage, and Sofia will perform the group’s contemporary piece from last year, FLY. The show will contain an incredible line-up of entertainers. We hear that 10 year-old singing sensation, Angelica Hale (America’s Got Talent Finalist) will be singing, alongside other young performers from the Atlanta area.
FootNotes is honored to be a part of this incredible evening to benefit CHOA! Congratulations GIRLS! We can’t wait to see you FLY!
The event is scheduled for Sunday, October 15 at 4:30pm at Georgia Tech’s Ferst Center for the Arts. We know it’s a busy weekend, but if you would like to purchase tickets to Tower of Talent 2017, visit http://arts.gatech.edu/content/tower-talent
Or to make a donation to this Event/Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, please visit our fundraising page here http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp… All proceeds go straight to CHOA!
We have several Calendar Updates to share with you. Please remember to review the Master Calendar for the latest updates to the schedule. The updates are recapped below:
Saturday, September 23
- BRAVO Jazz with Andrea – 11am – 12noon
- BRAVO Lyrical with Cheryl – 12noon – 1pm
- OVATION Lyrical with Andrea – 12noon – 1:15pm
- BRAVO & OVATION Hip Hop – 1:15pm – 2:15pm
- PREMIER Lyrical with Andrea – 1:15pm – 3:30pm
- FLY Rehearsal w/Cheryl (for Tower of Talent) – 3:30pm – 4:30pm
Sunday, September 24
- ELITE Small Group Hip Hop – 4pm – 5pm
- ELITE Jon Carr Small Group – 5pm – 6pm
Production Lock-In: Date Updates
We are excited to announce that Jon Carr is teaming with Cheryl and Brian M. to put together an amazing Production routine for our groups this year! Cheryl has changed the schedule of Lock-in to better accommodate scheduling of this choreography. The Production Lock-in is now scheduled for Friday night, October 13, starting at 5pm. The dancers will be taught the production choreography that night and will stay overnight at the studio. Pickup will be at 7am on Saturday morning, October 14.
And, to allow for any choreography that does not get finished on Friday night, there may be a need for a Saturday night (October 14) session as well. Therefore, please leave 4pm-9pm on that Saturday night open. You will hear on Saturday early AM (at pickup), if your dancer’s group needs to attend a Saturday night session.
Further details will be sent out closer to the event regarding how you can help make the Lock-In a success! We may be requesting help with dinner, snacks, and possibly chaperoning.