REMINDER: The Raise the Barre dance intensive (week of June 17 – 21) is next week! Please click here for the schedule details in case you can’t find your email about it. FootNotes has an amazing lineup of educators slated for Raise the Baree: Madison Benson, Jon Carr, Nathan Griswold, Adrienne Hicks, Miki Hoiriis, Stephen “Stevo” Jones, Angela Kahle, Ricky Maalouf, Brian Mason, Kelsey Nelson, Mary Beth Stinson, Allison Swinson and Cherrise Wakeham. Classes include Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre, Stretch/Strength, Turns & Leaps and Conditioning.
It’s going to be a week of unprecedented growth, knowledge, creativity, and inspiration with some of the nation’s most sought after faculty! This week serves as auditions for our competitive teams, The Vibe Performance Company.
- First, if your dancer will be auditioning, please fill out an audition form if you have not done so already…Click here. Cheryl wants an accurate count of who is auditioning before Raise the Barre begins, so please complete the audition form by Sunday, June 16. If you have not filled out the form, please do so ASAP.
- Second, if you have not registered for Raise the Barre, please enroll by Friday, June 14th. You can register online…Click here. Tuition is $375 for the Junior level and $400 for Intermediate and Advanced levels for the week.
A few reminders for you/your dancer:
- Guidelines for level placement are:
- Junior Level – Ages 6-10/11
- Intermediate Level – Ages 11-15
- Advanced Level – Ages 14 & up, dancing at a more advanced level
If you have questions about level placement, please email FootNotes at email@example.com.
- Dancers should pack a light, healthy lunch as well as healthy snacks that can be eaten quickly for energy in between classes. Don’t forget water bottles!
- Please dress in fitted dance attire with no baggy t-shirts or shorts. Dance shorts or leggings with a sports bra and tank are acceptable, as long as it is neat and tasteful. Please represent yourselves and FootNotes in a professional way and as dancers who take pride in their appearance.
- Bring ALL DANCE SHOES (sneakers for HipHop, not boots).
- When possible, please wear a black leotard and pink tights for Ballet and have hair secured in a bun. All tights should be clean and free of holes and runs.
- Hair should be pulled back in a high pony or high bun, or braided for all classes….done neatly is the key.
- As always, please remind your dancer that there will be some dancers visiting, as well as FootNotes recreational dancers at Raise the Barre week. Please ask your Vibe dancer to make all dancers and teachers feel welcome at FootNotes, and to be kind and courteous at all times. Please make sure that we set the standard for how we keep the studio clean at lunch and snack breaks during the week…Vibe dancers should always remember to keep the studio tidy and cleanup after ourselves at all breaks.
We look forward to seeing everyone at RAISE THE BARRE!