Each year at our Holiday Party, we ask our dancers to “pay it forward” to a local non-profit…a little way of recognizing how fortunate we all are at this time of year. Renee Maples is our Community Service chairperson this year, and she has been working with Foster Care Support Foundation (FCSF) as our holiday philanthropy. FCSF serves a vital and growing need throughout Georgia by providing free clothing, infant equipment, and developmental toys to thousands of children in foster and relative care. They serve over 4,500 children a year and are located here in Roswell, GA.
FCSF have many needs, and we are asking for each dancer to bring 1 pack (or more if you are inclined) of each of the following donation items to the Holiday Party:
- NEW multi pack of underwear: Girls size 2/3 – teens; Boys briefs sizes 2 – 8; or Boys boxer-briefs sizes 10 – adult medium
- NEW pack of socks for the same age/gender child: Little Girls size 10 through teen sizes, Little Boy’s shoes size 9 to 2½, Boys child size 10 through men’s 5
- Hair items: hairbrush, headbands, barrettes, clips, and/or elastics
- Toothbrush for ages 1 to 19 (NOTE: Sherri Fluent has graciously offered to provide some toothbrushes for the donation through her company. Thank you, Sherri! You may still bring toothbrush(es) if you wish.)
We will have the dancers write notes to the foster children at the Holiday Party.
Gently Used Donations
In addition, there will be collection boxes set up at the Holiday Party if you would like to donate ANY clothing or toys in gently used or new condition. The items listed below are items that are currently their biggest need (but again, they will take any gently used donations).
- Crafts or play things for girls ages 8 and up. African American Barbies or other dolls are currently in high demand.
- Heavy winter coats (all sizes), Winter hats, mittens, gloves, scarves, Girls size 14/16 winter clothing (long sleeve shirts and pants)
- Crafts or science kits, Legos or educational toys for boys age 7 and up. They would also love soccer balls, basketballs or footballs.
- Heavy winter coats (all sizes), Winter hats, mittens, gloves, scarves (for boys and girls), Boys size 10, 12, 14, 16 winter clothing (long sleeves/long pants)
- Any items that teen might like to play with are welcome. They are also in need of items for their dresser tops or desks, toiletries and jewelry.
There will be an opportunity at the Holiday Party to sign up for a time slot if your dancer would like to volunteer for two hours at the FCSF center. Please have a few dates in mind that work for you. Renee Maples will be coordinating the schedule with the foundation.
Ideally, we would like to see company groups try to volunteer as a team. This could be ANY time during the year and would provide a great opportunity to bond as a team while serving others. Volunteer hours at the distribution center are Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30-5:00.
In case you are wondering about food, etc. for the Holiday Party…we will send out a Signup Genius for food items and for RSVP’ing to the party, as soon as details are finalized.
We have December Master Calendar updates to share with you:
- Saturday, December 1
- ELITE Jazz Small Group Diamonds – 1:00pm – 1:45pm
- ELITE Hip Hop Small Group – 1:45pm – 2:30pm
- ELITE Jazz Small Group Flames – 2:30pm – 3:15pm
- ELITE Jon Carr Small Group – 3:15pm – 4:00pm
- ELITE Cherisse Small Group – 4:00pm – 4:45pm
- Sunday, December 2
- BRAVO & OVATION Rehearsal – 11:00am – 12:00noon
- OVATION Rehearsal – 12noon – 1:00pm
- PREMIER Lyrical w/ Brian – 11:30am – 1:00pm
- ELITE Lyrical w/ Brian – 1:00pm – 2:30pm
- PREMIER Hip Hop – 1:00pm – 1:30pm (Ovation has a break)
- OVATION Hip Hop – 1:30pm – 2:00pm (Premier has a break)
- OVATION & PREMIER Hip Hop (together) – 2:00pm – 2:30pm
- PREMIER & ELITE Musical Theater – 2:30pm – 4:00pm
- We have volunteer spots still available at our Parents’ Night Out event on Friday, November 16. Moms: Please consider helping out…we need a few more moms to volunteer for the event. Click here to access the sign-up for the Parent Night Out event. Everyone: Please also ‘talk up’ the event to your neighbors, friends, etc. with children (ages 3-10).
- Please signup your dancer to participate/represent FootNotes in the Johns Creek Founder’s Day Parade on Saturday, December 1. We need this signup completed by Friday, November 9. Ms. Cheryl needs to know the number/who is attending the parade in order to plan out the routine that the dancers will perform. There will be a rehearsal or 2 of the dance that will be performed while walking in the parade. Click here to access the sign-up for the Johns Creek Founders Day Parade.
- The Solo, Duo, Trio Signup Genius has been updated with more November dates for private rehearsals. Click here to access the Signup Genius. Make sure that you note on the Signup Genius whether you are signing up for your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio rehearsal. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio. Please remember the following:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- After a week of your first sign up, you may check again and sign up for one more open slot during the month.
- Please bring payment ($30 for 30 minute sessions with Cheryl or Shannon) at the start of each rehearsal. There is no option to have this charge added to your FootNotes account. All dancers must pay the instructor directly by either check, Venmo, or cash.
- If your dancer is unable to attend your booked rehearsal session, you must notify FootNotes at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled time. If you ‘miss’/forget a rehearsal that you have signed up for, you are still responsible for the payment to the instructor.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.
Please email us at the email@example.com with any questions. We will send out more information on these events as details are firmed up.
ELITE: We have some Master Calendar updates to share with you for November 10 small groups.
Saturday, November 10
- ELITE Jazz Small Group Diamonds – 10:00am – 11:00am
- ELITE Hip Hop Small Group – 11:00am – 12:00noon
- ELITE Jazz Small Group Flames – 12:00noon – 1:00pm
- ELITE Jon Carr Small Group – 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- ELITE Cherisse Small Group – 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Today through November 2, AmazonSmile is donating 5% (ten times the usual amount) to Vibe Inc when you shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/81-0658833. #AmazonSmile #StartWithaSmile
As a reminder, the Vibe is enrolled in the Amazon Smile program for non-profits. If you have Amazon purchases to make, please consider doing it between now and November 2 to help us take advantage of this amazing offer!
Below are instructions on how to use Amazon Smile from your iPhone if you prefer to purchase from there vs. your PC browser.
How To Create an Amazon Smile (linked to Vibe) icon on your iPhone
- Login to smile.amazon.com in your Safari browser using the link smile.amazon.com/ch/81-0658833. The login will be the same as your Amazon user id and password.
- Next, hit the share button at the bottom middle of your screen.
- Now click Add to Home screen. You have just created a Shortcut to the Amazon Smile webpage to easily navigate to it from your phone.
Now that this icon has been created, you can use this Amazon Smile icon to purchase your items from Amazon. Note that Amazon Prime will be active on your account if you are currently enrolled in the program.
We have Master Calendar schedule changes to share with you for this weekend’s rehearsals…please make sure you update your calendar.
NOTE: These entries below replace what was the original schedule for this weekend.
Saturday, November 3
- APPLAUSE Rehearsal: 10:00am – 12noon
- BRAVO & OVATION Finish Country Line choreography: 10:30am – 12:00noon
- OVATION Rehearsal: 12noon – 1pm
- PREMIER Lyrical w/ Brian: 12noon – 1:15pm
- ELITE Finish Lyrical w/ Brian: 1:15pm – 4:00pm
Saturday, December 1
APPLAUSE: you will have Rehearsal on Saturday, December 1 after the parade…likely 1pm – 3pm.
REMINDER: Solo, Duos, Trios private rehearsals…there are available slots for this Friday, if you are interested in having another private. Click here for the Signup Genius.
Further details (arrival times, venue & shoot details, shoes to wear, etc.) on the Group Photo Shoot (Sunday, November 4) have been posted to the website. Click here to access the Group Photo Information web page. (This web page is password protected). Please take a moment to read this link with all of the details related to the photo shoot. Any questions…please ask your group mom.