It’s time to order earrings! A completed order form is required for all dancers. You will note the standard competition earrings (for group dances) will remain the same as last year. New members must order 1 pair; returning members should have 1 pair in good condition. Note that Cheryl will likely change the style of these earrings next year, so having 1 pair of the standard competition earrings is acceptable. She will have extras available for purchase at the studio during the season should you lose your pair.
Production earrings are required for all members…this is a new style that Cheryl has selected so all dancers must purchase this earring.
Click here to access the Competition Earrings Order Form. Please complete the order form by Sunday, January 21.
Want easy/fast access to the Vibe Master Calendar on your iphone?! We have the ‘how to’ documented.
Click here for steps to make an icon on your iphone to easily access the Vibe Master Calendar.
We wanted to recap some of the particulars that are important/required to ensure that you have completed them, as well as share the “All About Competition” document to get you prepared for the competition season.
Below is your “laundry list” of reminders/to do’s to give you a checklist to make sure you have completed these tasks prior to next week’s start of dance classes:
- OTHER MAKE-UP and DANCER ACCESSORIES: Please make sure that you have inventoried your make-up bag and dancer accessories based on the “Items Needed for Competition” list that was posted earlier in December. Click here to be directed to the document.
- SHOES & TIGHTS: Make sure that you have purchased the appropriate shoes that are listed in the Shoe & Tights Buying Guide web page. Please make sure that you select your dancer’s appropriate group to access their information. And always, please have extra pairs of tights on hand of each type needed, just in case your dancer gets a tear or snag.
- We have loaded the “All About Competition” reference document to the Members Only section of the web site. We encourage you to read the document with your dancer. For returning members, it contains new information (key points highlighted in blue) about competitions, how we should conduct ourselves, as well as general information to assist in making this a fun competition season for both you and your dancer! We promise that reading this together with your daughter…even if you have been in Vibe for years….will help you and your dancer become better prepared for the coming months. Click here to be directed to the “All About Competition” reference document.
- REMINDER – Make sure this date is on both Mom and Dancer calendars: FULL Dress Rehearsal on Saturday, February 3 is a SUPER-IMPORTANT day for both Mom and Dancer to be at the studio/on time. Any alterations to costumes and/or undergarments needed will be discussed at that time. If you (Mom) are not available during your dancer’s dress rehearsal time(s), please designate another Mom to take notes and ask questions for your dancer.
- Lastly, please check the Master Calendar often. Keeping your schedule in sync with the Master Calendar is VERY important to your dancer and the entire team. Please continue to check the Master Calendar against your personal calendar to ensure that all dates are appropriately aligned (correct date and time is noted on your calendar).
Reminder: These documents noted above are password protected on our website. Please email us at email@example.com if you need a reminder of the password.
The Solo, Duo, & Trio Signup Genius has been updated with January dates. As a reminder, this signup will be used throughout the year to book rehearsals for your dancer if she is competing with a solo, duo, and/or trio. If you have multiple of these dances, make sure that you note on the signup genius, if it is your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio dance to be rehearsed. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio.
Click here to access the Signup Genius. As a reminder:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- Please book only 1 slot per month, per dancer/dance. If extra time slots are available later in any given month where a second slot can be booked, you will be made aware.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.
If you have any questions on this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy New Year to everyone!
We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week! A couple of reminders: Regular FootNotes Classes resume on Monday, January 8. All rehearsals are mandatory from here on out!
The following are Master Calendar updates to share with you. Please remember to review the Master Calendar for the latest updates.
- Friday, January 12
- PREMIER Production – 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- ELITE Production – 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Sunday, January 14
- BRAVO Lyrical – 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- BRAVO Production 2:00pm – 2:45pm
- BRAVO & OVATION Hip Hop – 2:45pm – 3:45pm
- OVATION Production 3:45pm – 4:30pm
- Saturday, January 20
- ELITE Small Groups Hip Hop & Jon Carr – 10:00am – 12:30pm
- PREMIER & ELITE Hip Hop – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- PREMIER & ELITE Musical Theater – 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Sunday, January 21
- PREMIER Lyrical – 10:00am – 12:30pm
- PREMIER Small Group – Elizabeth – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 Dress Rehearsal
- This is full dress rehearsal day. Moms and dancers are required.
- PREMIER Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, & Production – 10:00am – 11:00am
- PREMIER & ELITE Hip Hop, Musical Theater, & both Lyricals – 11:00am – 12noon
- ELITE Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, Production, Jon Carr Small Group, & Hip Hop Small Group – 12noon – 1:30pm
- BRAVO Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, Production – 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- BRAVO & OVATION Hip Hop – 3:00 – 3:15pm
- OVATION Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, & Production – 3:15pm – 4:30pm
- Sunday, February 4
- This is a regular Rehearsal day – for dancers only (not a dress rehearsal).
- PREMIER Lyrical – 10:00am – 11:00am
- ELITE & PREMIER Hip Hop – 11:00am – 12noon
- ALL GROUPS: Full Production – 12noon – 2:00pm
- BRAVO & OVATION Hip Hop – 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- BRAVO Lyrical – 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Sunday, February 11
- PREMIER Small Group – 11:00am – 11:45am
- ELITE – Lyrical – 11:45am – 12:30pm
- ELITE Small Group – Hip Hop – 12:30pm – 1:15pm
- ELITE Small Group – Jon Carr – 1:15pm – 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 3
- BRAVO & OVATION – Hip Hop – 10:00am – 11:00am
- ALL GROUPS: Full Production – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- ELITE & PREMIER Hip Hop – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- ELITE & PREMIER Musical Theater – 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- PREMIER Lyrical – 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Sunday, March 4
- PREMIER Small Group – 11:00am – 12noon
- ELITE – Lyrical – 12noon – 1:00pm
- ELITE Small Group – Hip Hop – 1:00pm – 1:45pm
- ELITE Small Group – Jon Carr – 1:45pm – 2:30pm
- BRAVO – Lyrical – 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- You will note that the weekend of March 16 is “to be scheduled” once spring break details are known for some dancers.
Here we go!! It is going to be an AWESOME dance season!
We have a January calendar update to share with you. Please remember to review the Master Calendar for the latest updates.
- Monday, January 15 (MLK Day)
- ELITE & PREMIER: Musical Theater Rehearsal w/ Brian – 10am – 12noon
- ALL GROUPS: Full Production Rehearsal – 12noon – 2pm
Details of other January group rehearsals will be sent out as soon as the schedule is finalized.
The “Items Needed for Competition” list has been posted to the Members Only section of the website (password protected). It is the 4th document on the webpage. For returning members, please review this list and double-check your supply. For new members, we know this list may look ‘large’, so feel free to reach out to your group mom should you have questions regarding any items on the list.
Please click here to be directed to the Members Only webpage. All items should be purchased and ready to use by Saturday, January 13, 2018.
We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday break!