Get your FNDA Photo Button just in time for competition season! We also have Car Magnets for sale if you would like one for your second car, or your dancer’s car.
Pin on your pride and joy! We are offering Photo Buttons again this year for our Vibe dancers to show spirit for our girls. The buttons are 3″ in diameter and will feature a photo of your dancer with a red border that says “FootNotes Dance & Acrobatics” around the outer edge. It can be further customized with your daughter’s name, as an option. See button example above.
Angela Coppola (Thanks Angela!) will be taking the headshot photos for the photo buttons on the following day/time at the Studio before production rehearsal that afternoon:
- Saturday, February 5 from 11:30am – 1:00pm
If you wish to purchase a photo button this year, please come to the studio to have your dancer’s headshot taken during the time slot listed above. Please fill out the Google form (link below) so that we know how many buttons you wish to order.
What to wear: Please have your daughter wear light stage makeup and her FootNotes jacket, and competition earrings.
- UPDATE on competition earrings: If you have last year’s competition earrings, bring them to use for the headshot. If you do not, you will receive them when you take your headshot (or if you are not getting a headshot for the photo button, Cheryl will give them out at your group’s Dress Rehearsal).
- Your Dancer’s hair should be styled neatly in any hairstyle.
Buttons are $5 each,. We will be taking payments (cash or check) when photos are taken.
Please click here to access the Google form to place your photo button order today. Deadline to order/make payment is Saturday, February 5. Orders for the photo buttons will be placed with our vendor that next day. We are not sure if they will make it in time for Showcase, but they should be here in time for our first competition in March. Please make sure that you fill out all fields on the form and press submit.
FootNotes/Vibe Car Magnets will also be for sale this weekend…$5/each.
The Vibe’s Showcase Committee has a long list of volunteer positions to be filled for the 2 days of our shows. Please click here to access the list of all volunteer positions for our Vibe 2022 Dance Showcase.
A couple of reminders about the Signup Genius: Every Vibe family is obligated to volunteer at least one position during Showcase. We have MANY positions to fill in order to ensure Showcase goes off “without a hitch!” This is the best time of the year to earn your hours towards the 12 hours required from each dancer family (20 hours for families with two dancers).
Please note that many of these volunteer roles only require up to 1 hour of your time (as noted in the Signup Genius description of the position), so you will likely want to sign up for multiple volunteer positions across both days.
Please be aware of any time conflicts when signing up for multiple roles. For instance, you can not be a Lead Group Mom and Concessions Sales for the same show as you would be needed in both roles at the same time. However, you could easily be a Lead Group Mom for the Saturday show and Concessions Sales for a Sunday show, as an example. If you have any questions on volunteer positions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
What better way to show support, love and encouragement for your big/little sister than during a one-on-one coffee date?! Grab your Big/Little Sister and head to Starbucks for a coffee or treat on the Vibe!
Big Sisters – during the months of January & February, partner with your little sister (and mom) to coordinate a date and time that works for both of you to meet up. Once your date is set, pick up a Starbucks gift card from the front desk at the studio to treat you and your little sister to a Starbucks drink or treat.
****Please schedule your coffee date prior to Monday, February 28th as there will be more Big/Little Sister events and activities coming your way this season! ****
Click here to access the Vibe Showcase 2022 Member Information page. This page contain will contain all information important to Vibe members regarding Showcase 2022. The page is password protected, and it is located under the Members Only link at the top of the website. We will continue to add documents related to Showcase to this page.
The Showcase Parent Meeting dates have been added to the Master Calendar (this is a mandatory meeting for 1 parent). Our Showcase Chairs, Amy Smith and Elisa Bobbitt, will share details about the venue, timeline, etc. for Showcase weekend. Meeting Dates and times are as follows:
- Saturday, February 5 at 1 – 1:45PM for Bravo, Encore, Ovation, & Starlet parents
- Saturday, February 5 at 2 – 2:45PM for Elite and Premier parents
- We are offering 2 meetings to keep the number gathering small. Masks are required for all.
- The meeting will be held at FootNotes in one of the larger studio rooms. If you would like to sit during the meeting, please bring a chair or blanket.
- If you are feeling sick on the day of or are unable to attend the meeting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: If you are a parent that has dancers in multiple groups, you only have to attend 1 parent meeting. The same information will be covered at both meetings.
Our official Showcase 2022 web page is now live! You can share this webpage link with your friends and family.
Show Dates: Saturday, February 19 at 5pm and Sunday, February 20 at 2pm
Venue: Duluth High School
For further information about Dance Showcase 2022, click here to access the web page.
Due to the forecasted snow this afternoon, ALL Rehearsals scheduled for this afternoon are CANCELLED today (1/16/2022). ADDITIONS to the Master Calendar for next weekend include:
Saturday, January 22
- 9:30 – 11am Ovation (NEW)
- 12noon – 2pm Bravo (additional hour added to this rehearsal)
Please review these updates on the Master Calendar.
Stay Safe today!
One of the competition shoe selections that was initially TBD for BRAVO has been added on the Shoe Buying Guide (new listing is highlighted in orange).
The Competition Tights list has also been updated for multiple groups.
Please click here to access the Shoes and Tights Buying Guide web page to access both of these updates.
REMINDER: Please make sure that you select the correct dance group for your dancer, and make sure you are choosing the correct color to purchase.
ALL dancer’s shoes and tights for this competition season should be in hand no later than Monday, January 17, 2022.
ANOTHER REMINDER: Showcase Tickets will go on pre-sale via our online ticketing website to Vibe members tomorrow, Wednesday, January 12 at/around 9am. Please be on the lookout for an email from the Vibe GMAIL account (not a web post) with Ticket Sales information.
A couple of updates on Make-up and Earrings:
- The “Items Needed for Competition” document has been posted to the Member Information section of the website. Please make sure you review this document ASAP. You will see the “**NEW**” indicator beside this document.
- It is time to order your dancer’s competition earrings and competition make-up. Click here to access the Competition Make-up & Earrings Order Form. We need all orders placed by Friday, January 14, 2022 end of day. IMPORTANT NOTE as of 1/8/2022: YOFI, the makers of the competition make-up we use, is having inventory issues and is not getting back to Cheryl on what quantities they have in stock. Below are the guidelines on whether you need to place an order for an item:
- Returning members, please take an honest assessment of your dancer’s YOFI make-up from last year…if it’s usable, then you are fine. If you must have a replacement of one or more of the makeup items, please place an order on the order form by the deadline. We are hoping to get more inventory information from the company soon.
- New Members in Vibe…Cheryl has enough Yofi make-up items (blush, eyeshadow, and lipstick) from the prior year for you. You will get the make-up items at Hair and Make-up Day. New members with a sister in Vibe, we ask that you share make-up items with your sister until we can get inventory in from Yofi.
- Earrings are also included in the Order Form. Please place an order by the deadline if you need another pair or 2. Members should have 2 pairs of earrings for competition (one to wear and one as a backup).
- For new members, we know this list may look ‘large’, so feel free to reach out to your group mom should you have questions regarding any items on the list.
The Competition Tights List has been updated on the Shoe & Tights Buying Guide webpage. EACH GROUP should review the spreadsheet to see what type and color of tights your dancer needs. Other costume/tights selections are still being finalized for some groups since costumes are still being delivered. We will add other tights selections to the list as soon as they are known. We will send out another blog post when we have updates.
Please click here to access the Shoe & Tight Buying Guide web page. You will see the Tights Buying Guide listed at the bottom of the web page. Please purchase these ASAP, so you have them in hand for dress rehearsals.
REMINDER: Please make sure that you check the correct dance group for your dancer, and also make sure you are choosing the correct color of tights to purchase.