We have some Calendar Updates to share with you. Please review the following updates to the Master Calendar. The updates have been recapped below:
- Week of October 9
- Dancers Against Cancer “Show your Team Spirit” Week (details sent out via the FootNotes newsletter)
- Donate at least $1 per day, and you can dress out in your favorite team apparel for class! Sports jerseys, t-shirts, or any spirit wear. All proceeds benefit Dancers Against Cancer (DAC). We’ll have a photo spot with fun props and a special Snapchat Geotag. Use the hashtag #FootNotesDAC to help us spread the word!
- Week of November 6
- Dancers Against Cancer “Wear your PJs” Week – More information will be coming out soon from FootNotes. This event will be similar to the “Team Spirit” week.
- Saturday, December 2
- To show our FootNotes spirit this holiday season, we are planning to participate in the Johns Creek Founder’s Day Parade – start time is 10am. We will be sending out a Signup Genius via email to see who is available to participate. This is not a mandatory event, but we hope to have many Vibe dancers participate. We are gathering details now from the parade coordinators, and will share the information with you on the Signup Genius.
- Saturday, December 16
- Vibe Holiday Party – start time is 11am. More details will be forthcoming closer to the event.
What is Dancers Against Cancer?
FootNotes has joined forces with the charity foundation, Dancers Against Cancer (DAC), as a Hope Studio. Hope studios pledge to raise at least $1,000 for the foundation that provides financial support to dancers, parents and dance educators impacted by cancer. The “I’m a Dancer Against Cancer” campaign was founded to spread awareness and raise donations, and it quickly became a sign of hope in the dance community. Please join us as we unite as a dance community in the fight against cancer.
The DAC events are for the entire FootNotes community, and we hope our Vibe family will rally and take the lead by joining in and participating during these events! We are also planning to offer two opportunities for a Parents Night/Afternoon Out to make money for DAC. Parents will pre-register to drop off their (potty-trained) young children for some fun at the studio (pizza, dancing, movies, crafts). During these events, Vibe dancers would volunteer to babysit at the studio and lead in activities with the kids. The dates/times we are planning for this are 11/17 from 6pm – 9pm, and 12/9 from 11am – 2pm. Dancers who babysit can earn Beta hours for participating. A Signup Genius will follow shortly to gather interest. FootNotes will be promoting these events.