Dancers & Parents: Let’s get ready for an AWESOME dance season! Next weekend is a busy weekend, so we have recapped everything for you. Please review the following for this weekend’s rehearsals at the Studio! Some of these items require action, so please read and take appropriate action on ALL bullet points.
Saturday, February 3 – Dress Rehearsal (Costume Check)
- This is a full COSTUME/dress rehearsal at the Studio for both the dancer and mom to learn what will be required with all costumes. If mom cannot be there at the group’s designated time(s), please find a mom to assist with your daughter. This ‘rehearsal’ is when costumes will be tried on, checked for alterations, changes needed, etc. The dancers will run through their dance in the costume to confirm that it is “stage ready.” Please bring all costumes (that you have in hand), as well as accessories, tights and ALL shoes.
- The dancers should come with their hair styled in this year’s competition hairstyle (competition make-up is not required). Click here for the competition hairstyle tutorial document. Please be on time, as you can see below this is a long day.
- This is a reminder of the schedule for Saturday, February 3:
- PREMIER Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, & Production – 10:00am – 11:00am
- PREMIER & ELITE Hip Hop, Musical Theater, & both Lyricals – 11:00am – 12noon
- ELITE Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, Production, Jon Carr Small Group, & Hip Hop Small Group – 12noon – 1:30pm
- BRAVO Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, Production – 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- BRAVO & OVATION Hip Hop – 3:00 – 3:15pm
- OVATION Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, & Production – 3:15pm – 4:30pm
Sunday, February 4
- As a reminder, there is a Showcase Prep Meeting on this day (February 4) at 12noon – 1:00pm at the studio. This is a mandatory (at least 1 parent) meeting. This replaces the mandatory parent meeting that we usually have on Blocking Day.
- CALLING all PAINTERS: OUR PRODUCTION PROP NEEDS A ‘NEW LOOK’! We need volunteers (Moms and/or Dads) to stay after the Showcase meeting to help paint the production prop. It’s a large prop, but “many hands will make quick work.” Christy says you do not need to be an artist…just know how to roll on paint. Please click here to sign up for painting, and/or bringing paint supplies.
- We will also take Photo Button headshots on Sunday, February 4. Please click here for a reminder on the Photo Button detail that was explained in a web post earlier today. Angela Coppola will be taking headshot pics of the dancers at the following times:
- 9:50am for PREMIER dancers
- 10:45am for ELITE dancers
- 11:30am for BRAVO and OVATION dancers
- If you want a photo taken, you should have your dancer wear light make-up, and her hair should be in a neat, high bun. Dancers should wear their white Vibe jacket and competition earrings.
- Note that you only need to have a photo taken of your daughter if you want a photo button.
- Buttons are $5 each, and you will receive them in time for Showcase…so order extra if you have extended family coming to see the show! Payment is due (cash or check payable to “The Vibe”) when your dancer’s photo is taken.
- Reminder of the Dancer Rehearsal Schedule:
- PREMIER Lyrical – 10:00am – 11:00am
- ELITE & PREMIER Hip Hop – 11:00am – 12noon
- ALL GROUPS: Full Production – 12noon – 2:00pm
- BRAVO & OVATION Hip Hop – 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- BRAVO Lyrical – 3:00pm – 4:00pm