Dancers & Parents: It’s almost Show Time, folks! This coming weekend is a busy weekend with In-Studio Dress Rehearsal for all groups, except Applause (Applause: yours is next Thursday, January 31). Please review the Master Calendar for a reminder of this weekend’s schedule for your group. The following explains what we need to accomplish with this weekend’s activities.
Saturday & Sunday, January 26 – 27 – Dress Rehearsal/Costume Check
- This is a full COSTUME/dress rehearsal at the Studio for both the dancer and mom to learn what will be required with all costumes. If mom cannot be there at the group’s designated time(s), please find a mom to assist with your daughter. This ‘rehearsal’ is when costumes will be tried on, checked for alterations, changes needed, etc. The dancers will run through their dance in the costume to confirm that it is “stage ready.” Please bring all costumes (that you have in hand), as well as accessories, tights and ALL shoes.
- Please be on time! As you can see on the Master Calendar, these are full days with back-to-back sessions.
- Hair and make-up for the in-studio dress rehearsal days: if you are having a photo button headshot on the day of your dress rehearsal, please review hair and make-up requirements listed below. If you are not having a headshot made, there are no hair and make-up requirements for this in-studio dress rehearsal.
- Reminder: We will also take Photo Button headshots on both of these days for all groups (times listed below). Please click here for details on the Photo Buttons that was explained in a web post last week. Angela Coppola will be taking the headshot photos for the photo buttons on the following days/times at the Studio:
- Saturday, January 26 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Sunday, January 27 at 12:30pm – 1:00pm
- Note that your dancer only needs to have a headshot taken, if you wish to purchase a photo button.
- Reminders on hair & make-up & what to wear if you want a headshot taken for a photo button: wear light stage make-up, style your hair neatly, and wear your Vibe jacket and competition earrings. UPDATE on competition earrings: If you have last year’s competition earrings, bring them to use for the headshot; if you do not, Cheryl will have extra earrings to wear for the photo. Our new competition earrings may not arrive by this weekend.
- Buttons are $5 each, and you will receive them in time for Showcase. Payment is due (cash or check payable to “The Vibe”) when your dancer’s photo is taken.