The Johns Creek Founder’s Day Parade is this Saturday, December 7 – parade start time is 10:00am. It will be a fun time for our dancers to show our FootNotes spirit! Dancers will be walking and dancing in the parade (they are learning a dance this week). Below are important reminders:
- ARRIVAL TIME & PLACE: Meet at 8:30am at 11350 Johns Creek Parkway. NOTE: This address is the State Farm complex, but you will need to access it as described below, using Lakefield Drive from McGinnis Ferry Road.
- The parade should be finished by 12:00noon. Please pickup your dancer following the end of the parade (approximately 11:45am – 12:00noon).
- WHAT TO WEAR: Girls will wear black leggings, Vibe jacket, and ‘festive’ holiday attire (holiday-themed hats, scarves, tutus, festive headbands and/or necklaces, etc., and comfy shoes for walking.
- WHERE TO DROP OFF & PICK-UP YOUR DANCER: Everyone will enter the Lakefield Drive entrance off of McGinnis Ferry Road. (indicated on the map).
- At the checkpoint, indicate that you are with FootNotes, and we are in the ZONE GREEN 20. If you are dropping off your dancer, continue on to find ZONE GREEN 20. There will be signs showing the different zones. FootNotes will be walking behind a RED Jeep….look for the FootNotes/Vibe jackets.
- If you are staying to walk the parade, tell the attendant at the checkpoint. You will need to continue on into the State Farm parking lot to park your car and then walk back to ZONE GREEN 20.
- Once you have dropped off your dancer, follow signs to either exit the area or go to participant parking.
- Have your dancer check-in with Jessica McFarland...she will have a check-in list for all participants.
- For dancer pick-up, everyone from the parade will be picked up in the State Farm parking lot. FootNotes will stay in a group where parents can find us. We will send a text via the group moms where we are located in the parking lot
- If any information changes on the day of, we will also send out a text via the group moms.
- Spectators may access the Parade area via the other intersections marked on the map (click here for map). There should be plenty of parking for spectators if you wish to hang around for the parade.
- The parade route follows the streets of Technology Park, past City Hall, and provides opportunities for spectators to watch the parade. The route will require about 1.3 miles of walking, so please take that into consideration (wear comfortable shoes).
- Dancers will walk and dance behind a decorated jeep. We will have some small candy canes and mardi gras beads to toss to the crowds. *If you know your child would like to toss lots of candy during the parade, please feel free to bring an extra bag.*
- We have mom chaperones signed up that will be assisting with the younger dancers.
- Make sure your dancer eats a good breakfast before arriving at the parade.
If you have any questions related to the parade, please contact Jessica McFarland at email@example.com.