Update on 5/11/2020

We hope all of our dance moms had a Happy Mother’s Day!
Below is an update from Cheryl on dance competition status, along with a few other updates.
In general, the dance competitions are indicating that they will likely re-schedule the spring competition dates as soon as they know more about venue availability/state plans for re-opening.   As a team, we can go to the re-scheduled competition in the late Summer/early Fall, or we can use the funds at one of their competitions in Spring 2021.   For our 6 seniors, each of the dance competitions have indicated that they will provide a refund of their competition fees for a Senior should the dancer not be able to compete at the re-scheduled dates.
Below are possible dates that we could look to compete at in the late Summer/early Fall.   Keep in mind these dates are tentative and based upon each individual venue plan for reopening based on state/health guidelines:
  • Masquerade Birmingham – June 5-7 has been postponed to September 18-20. Please remember to cancel your hotel reservations, if you had made any, for the June 5-7 weekend.
  • Bravo in Athens has 2 possible reschedule dates of either July 24-26 or August 14-16, dependent on when the venue is able to reopen.
  • Turn It Up Dance and Revolution Dance have not given Cheryl any re-scheduled dates yet, but they are allowing our monies to be used at ‘sister’ dance competitions. Other “sister” competition options being considered are:
    • Rainbow Dance Competition in Atlanta on August 7-9
    • Applause in Chattanooga on June 19-21 or in Atlanta on July 17-19
  • As we communicated last week, we do not have an update yet from Masquerade Nationals in Fort Walton Beach.   We should hear an update from them a later in May (after May 18).
Bottom line, we are still in a ‘wait and see’ mode to determine next steps…we will update you as soon as we know more from the competitions and state/health officials.


Showcase Videos

On this Friday, May 15 from 4-6pm, we will be out on the sidewalk at FootNotes for you to drive by and pick up your Showcase 2020 DVD’s and USB drives if you purchased one (click here as a reminder to determine if you purchased one).   We will be practicing appropriate social distancing (wear masks if you choose.) If you are not available at this time or are not comfortable driving by, we will keep your DVD and/or USB for pickup at a later date.

Raise the Barre

Cheryl is waiting on guidelines for whether she can hold Raise the Barre the week of June 15.     We will update you as soon as we know more.

Vibe End of Year Party

Our Vibe End of Year Party is scheduled for Thursday, June 25…we are unsure of whether The Falls neighborhood pool area will be opened by then. We will update you as soon as we know more.   If it is not opened by that date, we will look to re-schedule it in July or early August.