Summer Plans

Raise the Barre, scheduled for the week of June 15, has been postponed due to current state guidelines.

The Vibe End of Year Party on Thursday, June 25 has been postponed until The Falls at Autrey Mill will allow outside gatherings at their pool.

Cheryl will make a decision the week of May 31 about rehearsing in June (in prep for possible July competitions and Recital.)   We believe the next health guidelines update should be announced by that week.

Cheryl needs to assess everyone’s schedule availability to determine “best scheduling” for future activities (Rehearsals, Raise the Barre, Recital, Choreography, etc.).  Assuming guidelines are lifted, she would like to know which days/times your dancer has a conflict in June or July. As you are aware, we had previously communicated the weeks of June 1, June 8, July 6, July 13, and July 20 as available/open weeks.  She may need to use some of those dates for these activities, so we are asking for the following:  Please click here to access the Schedule Conflicts form to enter any dates your dancer is not available for the months of June and July. Please enter in your conflicts by Tuesday, May 26 end of day.   If we do not hear from you by this date, we will assume you do not have any known conflicts for June or July at this time.

Cheryl is planning a Summer Strong dance intensive for all ages and levels sometime in June. The intensive is optional. Details are being worked out and information will be communicated as soon as it is available.

 FAQ about Next Season…

Will there be auditions/new groups for next season?   If so, when?     Yes, Cheryl plans to hold auditions in person (not via video) for the 2020-2021 season.   The date has not been decided.   Auditions for next season will be sometime in July 2020.

When will Raise the Barre take place?     We don’t know yet.   Likely, it will be sometime in July 2020.   This is one of the reasons your Schedule Conflicts for July are needed, so that it can be planned around when most dancers are in town.    The current plan is to hold Auditions during Raise the Barre.

Will the team go to a Nationals next year (2021)?   Yes, Cheryl would like for our team to attend Nationals next year since we did not get to attend one this year. Assuming everyday life gets back to normal, etc., she would plan to book the team for Masquerade Nationals again in Fort Walton Beach (assuming it is held at the same venue/destination).

As we have said in past communications, the dance competitions will credit monies already paid in, to future competitions we attend as a team (either this year or next year).