Below are Recital details for Vibe dancers, so please read the entire post! Our 2021 “20 Years” Recital Showcase is Saturday, June 5 with shows at 2pm and 6pm at the Infinite Energy Center.
Info on Dress Rehearsal for Vibe Dancers
- Dress Rehearsals will be on June 1 through June 3 – click here for the Dress Rehearsal schedule that will be held at the Studio. (Note: This is the same Dress Rehearsal schedule that FootNotes sent out earlier this week….we added it here for easy access)
- Note that Vibe Dancers should arrive at the Studio for their Group’s Dress Rehearsal in your ballet costume. Vibe Dancers do NOT need to bring your other group dance costumes. Instead, DO bring regular dance clothes to change into for the remainder of Rehearsal.
- Vibe Dancers do NOT need full competition make-up for Dress Rehearsal. However, Vibe Dancers must have hair styled in a middle part and low bun for their Group’s Dress Rehearsal.
Click here to access the Recital Show Orders.
Arrival Time/Info for Recital on Saturday, June 5 (dancers must be 100% stage ready)
For 2pm Show:
- BRAVO and OVATION dancers arrive at 1:30pm for setup of Dream Duffel, etc. for dances in the 2pm show.
- ELITE, ENCORE, PREMIER & PRODIGY dancers (for Production) arrive at 3:00pm. Dancers should be in your costume/stage ready, stretched and ready to dance. (Do NOT bring Dream Duffel or backpack with you at this time.) Dancers can access the building from the Check-in area and should head backstage through the dressing room area.
- ALL dancers will be released to the front hallway of the venue (near the check-in area).
For 6pm Show:
- ELITE, ENCORE, PREMIER & PRODIGY dancers arrive at 5:30pm for setup of Dream Duffel, etc. for dances in the 6pm show.
- BRAVO and OVATION dancers (for Production) meet at Check-in area at 5:45pm. Dancers should be in your costume/stage ready, stretched and ready to dance. (Do not bring Dream Duffel or backpack with you.) Kelly Willis will meet your dancers at Check-in and will escort them backstage. She will also escort your dancers back to the Check-in area for pick-up after the Production routine is performed.
- As a reminder, parents of those dancers that are only dancing in the Production routine will not be able to sit in the audience for the performance.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO REVIEW:
- Parents, please note that dancers at the 2pm show must leave the venue in between the 2 shows.
- MOMS: If you wish to be backstage during one or both shows, click here to signup to be a Backstage Helper on the FootNotes Signup Genius. Only moms listed on the FootNotes Signup Genius will be allowed to be backstage.
- HAIRSTYLE: Dancers should wear the competition hairstyle (middle part, low pony). Note that all ballet pieces must have a bun. Dancers will need to transition their low pony into a low bun for their ballet routine. The bun must be a neat, tight bun. Once the ballet piece is complete, dancers will transition their hair back to the low pony. For the younger dancers, the backstage moms will handle this task for the dancers. For the older dancers, the backstage moms will ‘check’ the dancer’s bun to ensure it is neat and secure.
- REMINDER: ALL dancers must bring your hair supplies…a comb, net, hairspray, and bobby pins to create the bun. A flat iron and brush may be needed to get your dancer’s pony straightened after the bun is taken down.
- MAKE-UP: Dancers must wear full competition makeup including lashes and our competition lipstick color. There is no need to change the color of lipstick for ballet.
Lastly…Click here to access the Vibe Signup Genius for Recital. We have a few volunteer jobs that still need to be filled for Recital. Please consider helping out with these remaining tasks.