Get your FNDA Photo Button just in time for competition season! We also have Car Magnets for sale if you would like one for your second car, or your dancer’s car.
Pin on your pride and joy! We are offering Photo Buttons again this year for our Vibe dancers to show spirit for our girls. The buttons are 3″ in diameter and will feature a photo of your dancer with a red border that says “FootNotes Dance & Acrobatics” around the outer edge. It can be further customized with your daughter’s name, as an option. See button example above.
Headshot photos for the photo buttons will be taken on Saturday, February 4th from 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM at the Studio
If you wish to purchase a photo button this year, please come to the studio to have your dancer’s headshot taken during the time slot listed above. Please fill out the Google form (link below) so that we know how many buttons you wish to order.
What to wear: Please have your daughter wear light stage makeup and her FootNotes jacket, and competition earrings. If you have last year’s competition earrings, bring them to use for the headshot. If you do not, we will have a few extra pairs of clip ons at the studio. Your Dancer’s hair should be styled neatly in any hairstyle.
Buttons are $5 each,. We will be taking payments (cash or check) when photos are taken.
Please click here to access the Google form to place your photo button order today. Deadline to order/make payment is Saturday, February 4. Orders for the photo buttons will be placed with our vendor that next day. We are not sure if they will make it in time for Showcase, but they should be here in time for our first competition in March. Please make sure that you fill out all fields on the form and press submit.
FootNotes/Vibe Car Magnets will also be for sale during this time at the studio…$5/each.
The Vibe’s Showcase Committee has a long list of volunteer positions to be filled for the 2 days of our shows. Please click here to access the Vibe 2023 Dance Showcase Signup Genius.
A couple of reminders about the Signup Genius: Every Vibe family is obligated to volunteer at least one position during Showcase. We have MANY positions to fill in order to ensure Showcase goes off “without a hitch!” This is the best time of the year to earn your hours towards the 12 hours required from each dancer family (20 hours for families with two dancers).
Please note that many of these volunteer roles only require up to 1 hour of your time (as noted in the Signup Genius description of the position), so you will likely want to sign up for multiple volunteer positions across both days.
Please be aware of any time conflicts when signing up for multiple roles. For instance, you can not be a Lead Group Mom and Concessions Sales for the same show as you would be needed in both roles at the same time. However, you could easily be a Lead Group Mom for the Saturday show and Concessions Sales for a Sunday show, as an example. If you have any questions on volunteer positions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
A few important notes about Showcase:
- Only registered volunteers assisting with backstage duties and Lead Group Moms for
each group are allowed backstage during Dress Rehearsal. Lead Group Moms for Saturday, February 18, will assist during Dress Rehearsal AND Show #1. If you are registered for other volunteer positions throughout the weekend, please note your arrival times on the Sign-up Genius (link above).
- Dancer Arrival Times on both days of Showcase. Please arrive promptly on February 18 and 19. These times have been added to the Master Calendar.
- Saturday, February 18 Arrival Time: 10:00 AM
- All dancers may put on first costume at the venue
- Saturday’s Dress Rehearsal will start promptly at 10:45 AM
- Sunday, February 19 Arrival Times: 11:45 AM
- Ovation/Prodigy Jazz (I Need A Hero) and Elite Tap (My Girl) must arrive at the venue in their first dance costume! All other dancers may put on their first costume at the venue.
- All dancers must arrive with competition hair and make-up completed.
- Click here to access the 2023 Vibe Showcase Show Order.
We appreciate your cooperation and support to maintain a fun, yet safe environment for our dancer, volunteers, and guests at Showcase!
Our official Showcase 2023 web page is now live! You can share this webpage link with your friends and family.
Show Dates: Saturday, February 18th at 4:00 PM and Sunday, February 19th at 1:00 PM
Venue: Duluth High School
For further information about Dance Showcase 2023, click here to access the web page.
Please click here to view the 2023 Vibe Showcase show order.
The show dates and times are: Saturday, February 18 at 4:00pm, and Sunday, February 19 at 1:00pm.
Venue: Duluth High School, 3737 Brock Rd NW, Duluth, GA 30096
Reminders: Showcase Ticket Sales Information
Tickets are $25 online sales, via our ticketing website, and $30 per ticket on the day of the show (to be sold at the venue). **Each member/family is required to sell or purchase at least 10 tickets between the 2 shows.
Below are details about the timing of Ticket Sales:
- Showcase Tickets will go on pre-sale via our online ticketing website to Parents of Seniors on Tuesday, January 10 at/around 9am. Parents of Seniors will be allowed to purchase up to 20 tickets for both shows at this time. Once ticketing goes on sale for other Vibe members the next day, you may purchase more tickets at that time. Please be on the lookout for an email from the Vibe GMAIL account (not a web post) with Ticket Sales information next Tuesday.
- Showcase Tickets will go on pre-sale via our online ticketing website to all other Vibe members only on Wednesday, January 11 at/around 9am. Please be on the lookout for an email from the Vibe GMAIL account (not a web post) with Ticket Sales information next Wednesday.
- On Monday, January 16, Showcase details will be posted to our website as a web page and web post for general public ticket purchases.
- Remember to place your dancer’s name into the “Dancer’s Name” field during the Checkout process (at the time of purchase) since we are tracking # of tickets sold by dancer family.
Below are important notes about Day of Show (to explain to your guests when inviting them):
- There will be a short intermission in each show, where concessions will be sold.
- We are offering 2 Dancer Gift options this year. They will be sold pre-sale and at the venue, while quantities last. There will be a separate web post next week explaining the dancer gift options and how to purchase.
- Each season, the interest to perform a solo, duo and/or trio continues to growth within Vibe. We are proud to see so many dancers who want to showcase their talents increase each season. This year, in an effort to provide a comfortable length show for our guests, only high school senior dancers will perform their solo at Showcase. Each senior dancer will perform their solo in each show. If there is a duo or trio with ALL senior dancers, they will perform that routine in each show as well.
Let us know if you have any questions on the show order or ticket sales….email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several updates on Competition Make-up and Earrings:
1. The “Items Needed for Competition” document has been posted to the Member Information section of the website. Please make sure you review this document ASAP. You will see the “**NEW**” indicator beside this document.
2. Competition Hair and Makeup “boot camp” (for NEW MEMBERS only) has been set for Saturday, February 4th at 1:30pm @ the Studio! This is for Dancer and Mom and is a mandatory event for both. This is where you and your dancer will learn our official competition hairstyle for this competition season. You will also be shown how competition makeup is to be applied so that our dancers have a ‘uniform’ look.
3. Competition Makeup – Cheryl is working with a new makeup supplier for this year and will be ordering competition makeup kits including eyeshadow, blush and lipstick for ALL dancers (Yofi is no longer in business). These items will be distributed upon arrival.
4. Competition Earrings – click here to access the Competition Earring Order Form. Competition Earrings are mandatory for all members. All members should have 2 pairs of earrings for competition (one to wear and one as a backup). New members should place an order for a minimum of 2 pairs (pierced or clip). Returning members only need to place an order if they are in need of another pair or two. We need a response FROM EVERY DANCER ASAP/by Wednesday, January 11.
5. For new members, we know this list may look ‘large’, so feel free to reach out to your group mom should you have questions regarding any items on the list.
Happy New Year to all Vibe Members and Parents!! We are looking forward to seeing everyone! Regular FootNotes Classes resume on Wednesday, January 4. REMINDER: All rehearsals are mandatory from this point forward.
Cheryl has updated the Solo, Duo, Trio Signup Genius with new dates for the next few weeks.Click here to access the Signup Genius.
Make sure that you note on the Signup Genius whether you are signing up for your dancer’s solo, duo, or trio rehearsal. Please make sure that only 1 mom or dancer signs up for a given slot for a duo or trio.
You may only sign up for one slot each time new dates are posted. After a week, you may check again and sign up for one more open slot a
Dancers, please remember the following:
- Please bring your music to the private lesson.
- Please bring payment ($35 for a 30 minute session with Cheryl or Madison) at the start of each rehearsal. There is no option to have this charge added to your FootNotes account. All dancers must pay the instructor directly by either check, Venmo, or cash.
- If your dancer is unable to attend your booked rehearsal session, you must notify FootNotes at email@example.com, at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled time. If you ‘miss’/forget a rehearsal that you have signed up for, you are still responsible for the payment to the instructor.
- As always, dancers are always free to book an empty room to practice on their own.
The Master Calendar has been updated with several dates and times. Please make sure you keep your dancer’s schedule updated, and remember ALL rehearsals are mandatory from here on out. There will be rehearsal every single weekend except Radix and spring break. Please don’t assume there isn’t just because a schedule hasn’t been set. It is impossible to set schedules too far in advance because of added conflicts.
This post represents calendar updates through the first weekend in February. There will be rehearsal for all groups the weekend of February 10-12, just waiting to see what is needed.
Saturday, January 14
- 10:30am-11:30am You Ready? Madison Premier Small Group
- 11:30am-12:30pm The Weather Girls Prodigy Small Group
- 11:30am-12:30pm Missy Elite/Premier Hip Hop
- 12:45pm-2:45pm Rising Elite/Premier Line
- 3:00pm-4:00pm Watch What I Got Madison Elite Small Group
Saturday, January 21
- 10:00am-11:30am The Family Ovation Encore Prodigy Hip Hop
- 11:30am-1:30pm All Elite w/Cheryl
- 1:30pm-2:30pm Amen Andrew Elite Small Group
Sunday, January 22
- 11:00am-12pm Bravo w/Madison
- 11:00am-12:00pm Wicked Game Andrew Premier Small Group
- 12:00pm-1:30pm Premier w/Madison
- 12:30pm-1:30pm Prodigy w/Cheryl
- 1:30pm-3:30pm I Need a Hero Ovation/Prodigy Line
- 1:30pm-2:45pm Jet Set Premier MTH
- 3:30pm-4:30pm Ovation w/Madison
Sunday, January 29
- 11:00am-12:00pm The Weather Girls Prodigy Small Group
- 11:00am-12:00pm Amen Andrew Elite Small Group
- 12:00pm-1:30pm I need a Hero Ovation/Prodigy Line
- 12:00pm-1:30pm All Elite w/Cheryl
- 1:30pm-2:30pm Watch What I Got Madison Elite Small Group
Saturday, February 4
- 11:00am-12:30pm The Family Ovation Encore Prodigy Hip Hop
Sunday, February 5
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Wicked Game Andrew Premier Small Group
- 2:00pm-3:00pm Jet Set Premier MTH
- 2:00pm-3:00pm Watch What I Got Madison Elite Small Group
- 3:00pm-4:30pm Rising Elite/Premier Line
- 4:45pm-5:45pm Missy Elite/Premier Hip Hop
- 4:45pm-5:45pm The Weather Girls Prodigy Small Group
- 5:45pm-6:45pm You Ready Madison Premier Small Group
Saturday – Sunday, February 10-12 – TBD
In Studio Dress Rehearsals
Dancers and Moms are required for In Studio Dress Rehearsals for each group. See dates by group below. These dates have also been added to the Master Calendar. Here is what to bring/expect:
- This is a FULL COSTUME/dress rehearsal at the Studio for both the dancer and mom to learn what will be required with all costumes. It is very important that moms attend at their group’s designated time, especially for the older groups (Encore, Premier, Elite), in case there are other alterations needed or undergarments that need to be purchased. NOTE: If you are unable to attend, please ask another mom in your group to work with your dancer during Dress Rehearsal to relay information to you about any costume adjustments, etc. that are needed for your daughter.
- This ‘dress rehearsal’ is when costumes will be tried on, checked for alterations and changes needed, etc. The dancers will run through their dances in the costume to confirm that it is “stage ready.” Competition Hair and Make-up are not required for this Dress Rehearsal.
- Please bring ALL costumes (that you have in hand), AND, please make sure that ALL pieces of the costume are labeled with your dancer’s name. Bring competition shoes and tights.
- Please be on time!
- If your dancer’s Dress Rehearsal is scheduled at the studio during their class time, they will still have class before or after their group’s scheduled Dress Rehearsal time.
- Bravo – Monday, January 23 5:00pm-6:00pm
- Ovation – Monday, January 23 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Encore – Monday, January 23 OR 30 7:00pm-8:15pm (depending on costume shipping)
- Prodigy – Wednesday, January 25 7:00-8:15/8:30pm
- Premier & Elite – January 26 OR February 2 8:00-9:00 (depending on costume shipping)
All of this season’s shoe styles for your Vibe dancer are now available. Please Click Here to access the Shoe Buying Guide web page, listed by dance group. Please make sure that you select the correct dance group for your dancer. Your dancer’s shoes for this competition season should be in hand no later than Monday, January 11, 2023.
The Competition Tights List has been updated on the Shoe & Tights Buying Guide webpage. EACH GROUP should review the spreadsheet to see what type and color of tights your dancer needs.
Please Click Here to access the Shoe & Tight Buying Guide web page. You will see the Tights Buying Guide listed at the bottom of the web page. Please purchase these ASAP, so you have them in hand for dress rehearsals.
- It is recommended that each dancer have at least 3 pairs of each style of tights on hand at all times as rips, runs and tears are common!
- Please make sure that you check the correct dance group for your dancer, and also make sure you are choosing the correct color of tights to purchase.
Other costume/tights selections are still being finalized for some groups since costumes are still being delivered. We will add other tights selections to the list as soon as they are known. We will send out another blog post when we have updates.