Each year at our Holiday Party, we ask our dancers to “pay it forward” to a local non-profit…a little way of recognizing how fortunate we all are at this time of year. Renee Maples is our Community Service chairperson this year, and she has been working with Foster Care Support Foundation (FCSF) as our holiday philanthropy. FCSF serves a vital and growing need throughout Georgia by providing free clothing, infant equipment, and developmental toys to thousands of children in foster and relative care. They serve over 4,500 children a year and are located here in Roswell, GA.
FCSF have many needs, and we are asking for each dancer to bring 1 pack (or more if you are inclined) of each of the following donation items to the Holiday Party:
- NEW multi pack of underwear: Girls size 2/3 – teens; Boys briefs sizes 2 – 8; or Boys boxer-briefs sizes 10 – adult medium
- NEW pack of socks for the same age/gender child: Little Girls size 10 through teen sizes, Little Boy’s shoes size 9 to 2½, Boys child size 10 through men’s 5
- Hair items: hairbrush, headbands, barrettes, clips, and/or elastics
- Toothbrush for ages 1 to 19 (NOTE: Sherri Fluent has graciously offered to provide some toothbrushes for the donation through her company. Thank you, Sherri! You may still bring toothbrush(es) if you wish.)
We will have the dancers write notes to the foster children at the Holiday Party.
Gently Used Donations
In addition, there will be collection boxes set up at the Holiday Party if you would like to donate ANY clothing or toys in gently used or new condition. The items listed below are items that are currently their biggest need (but again, they will take any gently used donations).
- Crafts or play things for girls ages 8 and up. African American Barbies or other dolls are currently in high demand.
- Heavy winter coats (all sizes), Winter hats, mittens, gloves, scarves, Girls size 14/16 winter clothing (long sleeve shirts and pants)
- Crafts or science kits, Legos or educational toys for boys age 7 and up. They would also love soccer balls, basketballs or footballs.
- Heavy winter coats (all sizes), Winter hats, mittens, gloves, scarves (for boys and girls), Boys size 10, 12, 14, 16 winter clothing (long sleeves/long pants)
- Any items that teen might like to play with are welcome. They are also in need of items for their dresser tops or desks, toiletries and jewelry.
There will be an opportunity at the Holiday Party to sign up for a time slot if your dancer would like to volunteer for two hours at the FCSF center. Please have a few dates in mind that work for you. Renee Maples will be coordinating the schedule with the foundation.
Ideally, we would like to see company groups try to volunteer as a team. This could be ANY time during the year and would provide a great opportunity to bond as a team while serving others. Volunteer hours at the distribution center are Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30-5:00.
In case you are wondering about food, etc. for the Holiday Party…we will send out a Signup Genius for food items and for RSVP’ing to the party, as soon as details are finalized.